Sorry if asked, but I am not fond of the FOV since release

• Thread starter Lambob
  • 7 comments
Canada
Montreal, Canada
NobleAtreides
Sorry if asked, I haven't been very active online here, but I have a major gripe with GTS, that is , the Field of View.

why do the tracks appear as wide as that of a diving board?

or am I getting old?

Sorry if asked, I haven't been very active online here, but I have a major gripe with GTS, that is , the Field of View.

why do the tracks appear as wide as that of a diving board?

or am I getting old?
Can't say I've had an issue with that myself

You’re not alone. That’s something that people have been requesting for a while. As a potentialy massive quality of life improvement, I’m surprised PD hasn’t had it in any of the games since GT5.

PD doesnt think that a realistic FOV is important for some reason. They think for wheel users, the best view is that bumper cam view which is why it seems to have the best HUD.

Also since most of their sales are to people who use the external chase camera, they don't have to bother.

Personally it drives me nuts not being able to set the FOV and is one of the reasons I have gone back to AC and picked up pCARS2. It is also why I can't stick with the rally games on console for very long as none of them offer proper FOV adjustment either.

FOV on bumper cam is fairly low, FOV in cockpit is alright but a tad far considering my monitor size and the distance I sit from it, roof cam is meh and chase cam is ridiculously low.

seems okay for me
IMG_20180227_113844.jpg

Hahah - nice.

Yeah it is close for me.. I have a 49" screen with my wheel base very close.. but it is still not the calculated correct FOV which can be obtained in AC and pCARS 2. In GTS I notice the wheel/dash can be the correct size, but the track width and generally the world outside of the car is not. Also the seat position I cant always get lined up, the Subarus I can though.

What would be really awesome for any title on console to do would be to have a built in toll/system for setting FOV and seat position.

Example:
1. Have a on screen guide that is shaped kind of like a wheel rim that you can position to match where your actual wheel rim is from your line of site to the screen. Once set the game could provide a great starting seat position in every car.
2. Have a FOV calculator in the game - you would measure the distance from your eyes to the screen then enter that with your screen size and it would give you the calculated correct FOV and set it for you.

Obviously this tool would have to explain it designed for wheel users with the screen up close.

I am happy that at least the FOV can be changed. Do people know this can be done ? To be honest I didn’t know this option was there in the beginning. Also leaving out the steering wheel would ne nice.

Last edited:
Back