Sound And The PS2 As A DVD Player

• Thread starter Acidman
  • 8 comments
I have watched about 2 or 3 dvd's on my PS2 and i've noticed that the sound isn't as loud as it should be........ i just use the the regualr a/v cables that come with yopur PS2 and hooked it up to my T.V. like that and when i watch a dvd i crank the volume on the tv all the way up and it's still not as loud as it should be, but when i play games the sound is just normal like watching tv, it's just when i play dvd's it seems to get quiet for some reason. Does anyone know how to fix this? or why it does this or anything?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!! thanks

Hmmm, that happens to me too but it happens with the VCR that we have too...

lol i have no problems ...i bought some 5.1 speakers for comps/ ps2 hook up... i hooked it on and the ps2 audio was perfect nice 5.2 dolby sound nice bas tremble and the bass was nice and sharp!!and also i have no quiet sound when playing dvds on my ps2 all perfect sound and loud too when i crank it up!!1

The PS2 shouldn't be affected by its internal surround settings if you're using the analog output. All sound should be automatically downmixed to two-channnel.

I had a similar problem. You can raise the PS2's output level. Play a DVD and push select to bring up the on-screen options. Go to the Audio Setup menu. Somewhere (I don't remember exactly where) you will find an output volume option. You can set it to normal, +1, or +2. I usually left mine at +2, except when unusually loud DVD would cause clipping problems (this was rare).

Give it a try! :)

Back