Sound discussion thread

• Thread starter Daffyboo
  • 13 comments
United States
United States
Seeing plenty of improvements but several missteps as well. Great examples of better car sounds but some sound different or plain wrong. What are your views on that? Also not feeling loud bass and rumble from the exhaust sounds like I have in previous games.

I've actually encountered the glass shattering/pebbles rattling effect after stepping into grass then back on track. It stays around for about 8 seconds I think. Bit strange that's all.

It stays around for about 8 seconds I think. Bit strange that's all.
Probably to simulate dirt/mud/pebbles that stuck to the tires getting flung off. I live in a rural area and can confirm that mud and stones that got stuck in the tire tread continue getting flung off the tires making that noise well after getting back on a paved surface.

Stumbled upon some interesting views on the sound in a thread titled "car sound" on the official forum, under FM7 Discussion. Another one in the Tech Support section as well. Kind of reassuring I'm not the only one. Maybe I will give FM6 and H3 a go to run some comparisons.

One of my bigger gripes about the sound is that helicopter flying overhead. I hate that thing, Nurburgring Carousel and Daytona Oval. In both places you are driving into a bank corner and you can hear the chopper overhead and can never be sure if it is just the copper or if the car is bottoming out a bit.

The breaking glass sound is pretty odd also but the chopper annoys me to no end and makes me think I am playing NFS or Horizon rather than Forza

One of my bigger gripes about the sound is that helicopter flying overhead. I hate that thing, Nurburgring Carousel and Daytona Oval. In both places you are driving into a bank corner and you can hear the chopper overhead and can never be sure if it is just the copper or if the car is bottoming out a bit.

The breaking glass sound is pretty odd also but the chopper annoys me to no end and makes me think I am playing NFS or Horizon rather than Forza

Hmm, I did notice this; the chopper sounds are quite loud and bassy which I don't mind, but then that suspension bottoming out or is the undercarriage taking abuse from the road?) "thud" sound is also loud and bassy... I'm not getting anywhere near that level of bass, loudness or "uumph" in the car sounds, as I did in past Forza games. Even the UI sounds are really bassy, which I like. Maybe this is getting fixed, who knows. I'd be thrilled if it does.

After multiple years of GT and few years of pretty great AC i was surprised that so many cars sound so great. I drive a lot IRL with few civilian cars and all of them have a lot of grunt when you push them and a lot of games reserve grunt only for greatest cars or muscle ones but in Forza even low horsepower cars do have grunt.

It is still a bit away from AC but it is very close, especially on GT3 cars.

Fireworks.

Kill the damn fireworks. It's annoying. LOL

BTW, the Audi RS4 sounds worse now. It was glorious in FM6 and FH3. :(

And WHAT HAPPENED WITH MY BELOVED MK2 FIESTA?!

It was the BEST oldschool inline 4 sound in FH3. So raspy and detailed. :(

Do replays still have that awful "tunnel echo" sound effect? I really don't understand what their sound engineer was after with that one.

As annoyed as I was about being taken out here, I really like the sound effects when my car hit the ground

The chopper sounds make me wonder if there's another life flight helicopter flying around, which happens 1-5 times a night.
It also put me back in NFS MW.(the original)

I read the release notes a while back and was excited to play FM7 post update. I don't anything's changed at all in car sounds. It seems to me like the cars are coming out of a broken set of stereo speakers with faulty wiring, which cause the midrange and bass channels to not work properly. Something along those lines. The frequency range is completely off. I might as well just disconnect the front L/R and Woofer completely, it would make no difference I suppose.

Also there are wrong sounds on many cars - the new Ferrari models and Lamborghinis - didn't they improve the sound dramatically in FM6 and H3? They sound like completely different cars. Then there's the Skylines which for some reason seem to be having V12 notes at higher RPMs. Am I imagining things here? Can't be only me.

Back