Sound effects question (muffled?)

• Thread starter Jandrovi
  • 0 comments
Spain
Spain
Have sound effects levels from car sounds been lowered in Dirt Rally 2.0 compared with original Dirt Rally?

I play with a 5.1 sound system. In original Dirt Rally, you take the 1995 Impreza and the "pop and bangs" you hear from the rear speakers are incredible. You hear loud explosions from the exhaust when you release the gas pedal, for example. The backfires are incredible. Seems like there is a war in your room.

In Dirt Rally 2.0, the level of effects in the rear speakers are lowered so much that you barely hear them. The sound is focused in engine sound (the typical boxer growl), but those exhaust effects (explosions, pops and bangs, backfires,...) are so in the background that the experience is less addictive than in Dirt Rally. You can hear them but soooooo low.

I have played with EQ in game (flat, TV, headset) but nothing changes. I have played with my 5.1system settings, leveling up the Db settings from rear speakers or the bass level, but nothing changes. Also changing the Xbox sound configuration between DTS and Dolby Digital.

Is this a "problem" with the new engine sounds or am I missing something in settings? The sound now is duller. More of engine sound against exhaust effects.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back