Sound - Not cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter TranSonicX
  • 18 comments
  • 907 views
Messages
6
Hi

I have been looking at all the great cockpit setups etc.
One thing I am very interested in is my sound system for the game.
What are you guys and gals using and what are your setups?

(I have the PStwo with the digital out)

TSX
 
I use a pair of Yahama MS202s, one for the left channel, one for the right.
 
I sometimes use headphones, sounds great.
 
Oh, incidentally, you might find this thread useful, and browse that forum while you're at it - it's all about cockpits.
 
I use a capture card and play through my PC so I get the full benefits of my 5.1 surround sound system that’s hooked up to it...

There are many different ways to get good sound out of it. I think it just depends on what you are willing to spend, what your ps2 setup is like (pc, tv, space, general setup of equipment etc) and what you really want out of it….
 
My built-in TV speakers works for me!! ;)

Awesome bass and treble setting are set perfect.
 
The Fisher Tube Amp

2 Old, Really Ridiculously Good speakers

Soo yeah . . . my basement tv is oldschool . . . well the stereo is at least.
 
My bass AMP headphones...

TS-411 Stereo headphones.

And they sound amazing!
 
Using the optical out through a 800 watt Technics reciever which puts the sound out through 5 Polk Audio satelites (C/F/R) and the bass is handled by a 300 watt 10" powered Polk Audio subwoofer. Works pretty good, can't complain. 👍
 
Labtec Surge-17 2.1 system.
 
I use a 1200 watt sub behind the seat, Dolby 5.1 speakers around the room and 5 JBL Pros around hearing height.

Cheers

T4 GTR
 
I have a 5.1 denon dolby digital sourrond reciever connected to my ps2 with TARA LABS Prism 100dx kabel this make sure that i wouldn't lose any sound quallity at all.

this mean that i have 6 speakers connected with full funktional 5.1 dolby digital sound.
Front: i have 2 cerwin wega speakers 10"
Center: i have a pioneer - ill go for a cerwin wega soon.
Side: 2 Jamo j-101 speakers "great sound quallity" highly sensitiv.
Sub: 1 Jamo 65 W active subwoofer 12" Capable of reaching the wonderful depths of 24 Hz.

I'm not aware of the sound lvl this system can preduce, because i have not tried out its limits yet. when i try i can stand being in the room.
 
T4 GTR
I use a 1200 watt sub behind the seat, Dolby 5.1 speakers around the room and 5 JBL Pros around hearing height.

Cheers

T4 GTR
I REALLY hate you:grumpy:
 
I actually bought a new receiver so I would have another digital input for my PS2 and run 5.1 thru my JBL speakers.
This GT addiction is getting really expensive :-)
 
i've got two 200watt KLA towers and two 80watt sound dynamics speakers for the back

sounds great
 
well i use the little speaker on my rca xl-100, sometimes my parents surrond sound
 
BOSE Acoustimass 6 (Series III)

It's alright, they're not setup right. So I don't get the true surround feel.
 
A pair of Koss CM1020s, they're getting old but they can still deliver.
 
Back