- 26,911

- Houston, Texas, USA
- JMarine25
Welcome to the topic in which I examine yet another issue. This time, the issue is on a sense of importance in playing Gran Turismo.
When you play a game, mostly an action game, you feel important as you are the only line of hope for completing such an objective. Whether the goal is to save someone or something, defeat a wicked enemy, or even become the best at a certain profession, you begin to feel important in most situations. Put that into racing games, however, can that feeling sort of gets lost. Almost like getting an Error404 (happened to me several times). When playing Gran Turismo, you acquire licenses and purchase all sorts of cars to take on all sorts of challenges. And sometimes when you win every race conceivable, you still feel a bit like you haven't really achieved anything. To be rude, even a 5-year old kid can race the Grand Valley 300km, but at the end of the day, the person will be glad to complete the goal, but when it comes down to money and rewards, it doesn't really seem like anything is really acheived. You go to a track, you win a race, then do it again elsewhere. It is a rude comment when marks like that are made, but it goes to show that you don't really seem to be rewarded. When I received all 128 stars in Super Mario 64, all I got was this cannon, a nice new triple jump, and an alternate ending in beating Bowser. I've seen nothing really effective for me to use while I've proudly beaten the game.
So the "Sound Off!" question goes like this. "How do you think Gran Turismo 4 should be in providing a sense of importance for acheiving goals?" If you think there is a sense of importance that I haven't highlighted on respectively, set me straight. If you think there ISN'T a real sense of importance, how can you begin to feel more important by winning race after race, and championship after championship? Some people think ANYONE can win ANY RACE. So how can we increase the effort of making GT racers feel more important for their efforts? Reply now.
When you play a game, mostly an action game, you feel important as you are the only line of hope for completing such an objective. Whether the goal is to save someone or something, defeat a wicked enemy, or even become the best at a certain profession, you begin to feel important in most situations. Put that into racing games, however, can that feeling sort of gets lost. Almost like getting an Error404 (happened to me several times). When playing Gran Turismo, you acquire licenses and purchase all sorts of cars to take on all sorts of challenges. And sometimes when you win every race conceivable, you still feel a bit like you haven't really achieved anything. To be rude, even a 5-year old kid can race the Grand Valley 300km, but at the end of the day, the person will be glad to complete the goal, but when it comes down to money and rewards, it doesn't really seem like anything is really acheived. You go to a track, you win a race, then do it again elsewhere. It is a rude comment when marks like that are made, but it goes to show that you don't really seem to be rewarded. When I received all 128 stars in Super Mario 64, all I got was this cannon, a nice new triple jump, and an alternate ending in beating Bowser. I've seen nothing really effective for me to use while I've proudly beaten the game.
So the "Sound Off!" question goes like this. "How do you think Gran Turismo 4 should be in providing a sense of importance for acheiving goals?" If you think there is a sense of importance that I haven't highlighted on respectively, set me straight. If you think there ISN'T a real sense of importance, how can you begin to feel more important by winning race after race, and championship after championship? Some people think ANYONE can win ANY RACE. So how can we increase the effort of making GT racers feel more important for their efforts? Reply now.