• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
Next year GTPlanet, ESPN will be showing Monday Night Football. I think Al Michaels will still be on the team, but out goes a colorful character, Mr. John Madden. John Madden will be looking to do some commentary for... NBC. Yeah, I know. NBC = gridiron football? It's been a while since NBC did NFL games, so maybe they are trying to revive NFL action on NBC. NBC does show some college football games, not to mention a couple of Bowl Games.

Sound off time. You know how it goes. Share your views, make your points, and show off what you mean about the issue at hand. This time around, it's ESPN hosting Monday Night Football.

I got into American football back in 2002. I was a student of Lamar University when I seen the arcade hit, "NFL Blitz" (the 1999 variant) by Midway. Along that time, the Houston Texans were getting ready for their first game at Reliant Stadium versus the Dallas Cowboys. Then, a new rivalry began as the Texans won their first time 19-10 and would finish 4-12 in that season. All the while, I didn't mind tuning to ABC every Monday night while I was watching wrestling. If anything is a tradition in American television, it's turning to ABC almost every Monday Night to watch some good old-fashioned NFL football. I can remember all sorts of games I've seen. I remember best the Titans blowing out the Packers, not to mention that upset Miami put on New England. I don't really mind ESPN showing Monday Night Football, but I'd be so used to tuning to ABC and watch a game while watching some wrestling, doing my homework, or whatever. I'll just have to remember turning to ESPN in 2006. Then I'd have to dodge all the diet pill and supplement commercials most cable/satellite stations show (I got Dish, so it's satellite for me).

Anyone else want to sound off?

Madden who?... I hate the guy.... "The team that scores the most points and turns the ball over less then the other guys is gonna win this game". Realy John, that was a hard one to come by wasn't it... and his "boom" "whap" and stupid Turdenken bird all have got to go as far as I'm concerned... he's a bum... Not to mention he and EA sports have cornered the Football game market this year gy getting all the NFL teams licences so no other company can make a game to compete with em... even though last years 2K football was superior in every way but the Dynasty mode... that kind of stuff makes me sick, so that being said, I hope people will notice just how much of a clown Madden is and that his time has passed... and not to soon either...

Back