Votes: 8 100.0%
  • Chris, you had too much time on your hands,i'd rather go fishing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
United Kingdom
Bristol UK
GTP_Chris
Hey all,

so the other day i really felt like doing something more professional racing on GT5P.
Racing online is lots of fun and great with great drivers, but just isnt the same in Singleplayer with 16 cars in term of 20+ laps.

So what i did was take the Mitsubishi Evolution IX Tuned and went to Fuji for a 20 Lap race.

Now there i came up with a possible idea for a Offline Touring car championship in GT5P.

On all tracks racing distance is 90KM so just take the lap distance and add it up with numbers of laps. (i.e: Fuji = 20 laps = 90KM)

So you take the car of your choice, fit it with R1 and the AI Level to 100.

In the first test race i did, i finished 20 laps in P13, with the leader (GTLM) lapping me.

Points will be giving for any 1st - 8th. (F1 rules)

This is now just for interest check, anybody would like to join?

Chris

Idea isn't that bad, but i have some questions and marks:

• Your not a bad driver and you finished P13, that will leave you empty handed (no points). That means alot of people will be empty handed. I don't know how big the gap was to P8 and better. Maybe you should tweak the race difficulty of the AI cars.

• Is the Evo really a Touring car?(minor detail)

• How many PP did you use?

• Maybe you can just use diffrent cars on any other track

just some thoughts that came up when i wrote your idea.

good luck with it mate

Last edited:
Interesting idea, if you can sort out the specifics, I'd definately be up for it. Might have to downtune the AI slightly if you only managed 13th but I like the idea. What cars were you thinking of allowing in (just so I can practise!)?

Idea isn't that bad, but i have some questions and marks:

• Your not a bad driver and you finished P13, that will leave you empty handed (no points). That means alot of people will be empty handed. I don't know how big the gap was to P8 and better. Maybe you should tweak the race difficulty of the AI cars.

• Is the Evo really a Touring car?(minor detail)

• How many PP did you use?

• Maybe you can just use diffrent cars on any other track

just some thoughts that came up when i wrote your idea.

good luck with it mate

you are right, the Tuned Evo's arent any kind of touring cars, i just took it cause i wanted to drive it :)

Cars that i would permit would be :

Corvette Z06 Tuned
Viper SRT 10 Tuned
S2000 Tuned
Elise 111R Tuned
350Z Tuned
Mine's BNR 34
Clio Tuned
Cappuccino Tuned Car*
Lotus Elise Tuned
Skyline Coupe Tuned

*change the AI level accordingly to your perfomance

I dont allow the Ford GTLM Spec because when the AI uses that, they are really competitive and so more challenging to catch with different cars.

I'm also thinking about making a 1 pitstop rule so keep the tension up.

Im gonna run a all tracks with 90km race distance tonight with the 350Z Tuned.

About car tuning, the car will stay POWER and WEIGHT wise completely stock, everything else you can edit!

Side Note:When i used the Tuned Evo IX, the competition between a Tuned Corvette and the Tuned Viper was really close! was a nice 7 lap battle until the viper pulled away.

Chris

Could you not seperate some of the cars into different classes.
Also why could you not have the AI like you say at 100, power/weight restricted all else goes, but rather than what position you finish, have total times mailed to yourself or others to sift through the classes in order of quickest and award points accordingly

you are right, the Tuned Evo's arent any kind of touring cars, i just took it cause i wanted to drive it :)

Cars that i would permit would be :

Corvette Z06 Tuned
Viper SRT 10 Tuned
S2000 Tuned
Elise 111R Tuned
350Z Tuned
Mine's BNR 34
Clio Tuned
Cappuccino Tuned Car*
Lotus Elise Tuned
Skyline Coupe Tuned

*change the AI level accordingly to your perfomance

I dont allow the Ford GTLM Spec because when the AI uses that, they are really competitive and so more challenging to catch with different cars.

I'm also thinking about making a 1 pitstop rule so keep the tension up.

Im gonna run a all tracks with 90km race distance tonight with the 350Z Tuned.

About car tuning, the car will stay POWER and WEIGHT wise completely stock, everything else you can edit!

Side Note:When i used the Tuned Evo IX, the competition between a Tuned Corvette and the Tuned Viper was really close! was a nice 7 lap battle until the viper pulled away.

Chris

If you want to use this list of cars, you really need tot change the title of the thread

Cool Idea Chris!
I especially like this approach at this point in time since I'll be offline for a few weeks (just moved, takes a while to get phoneline and internet sorted). :scared:

I'm just wondering about how you will deal with the results and all that. Are you planning to watch everyones 20 lap replay right to the end (or is there a fast forward funtion for replays I missed)?
And then peeps could give each race 95 or so attempts until the result is satisfying (not really like in the real world of racing or even online racing)?

Sorry if I missed something here and these questions are stupid... but it's what crossed my mind. Let us know!

And then bring it on! 👍 :)

Back