Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Subaru WRX STi

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dominican Republic
Atlanta, GA
SolidSnake7735
So... i just had one of the most exciting races* to memory.

At the newly-released Spa-Francorchamps in the rain, the time being around noon-ish.
Click the following link for a refence of the turn names to get a better idea of this intense battle!!
Spa-Francorchamps of Belgium
Car of choice:
Mitsubishi Lanceer Evolution IV GSR '96 @514PP
Weight -2
Engine +1
ECU tuning
Max intake/exhaust systems
Stock turbine & transmission
AYC: 60
Torque Sensing Center Diff
F/C Suspension (classified)
Sports Soft tires

Scheduled for 4 laps, the race started with a surface-water rating of 40%. I started 6th in a grid of 8 and a perfectly executed Turn one put me in first place, where i remained throughout most of the race. But not without pressure from a black WRX Prodive Style on my ass the whole time

By lap two, the WRX was overtaken by a Green R34 at Les Combes which, in turn, was giving me some trouble with minor contact on turns as he overtook me at Bruxelles and again Pouhon, though I'd reasily regain the lead on the turn's exit with the help of my 4G63's aggressive acceleration. Late lap three i trail by half a second coming into Blanchimont. The R34 failed to brake in time and felt the punishment of a 5-second penalty for going off-track.

I wasn't out of the woods just yet. Heavy rain pouring, by Lap 4 the hydroplane had risen to 92%. a rate of almost 15% per lap so each forthcoming corner was increasingly difficult and the pressure twofold with the black WRX on my tail. A perfectly executed 1st turn (La Source) increased my lead but a slight miscalculation on Raidillon Eau Rouge cost me a penalty as well as the lead. I had fell behind nearly two seconds, which in the rain felt like a lifetime to make up.

I suddenly became focused as i could possibly be and caught up to my rival by Bruxelles. Now wheel-to-wheel, i attempted a risky overtake on the inside which netted me a penalty but as the pressure was applied the Subaru also felt the pain. though he was slightly faster while going off-track he regained the lead going into Campus.

I stuck to his bumper like glue!! waiting for the opportune moment to make my move. As any great driver, you plan ahead and I chose the Chicane as my point of attack. Coming into Blanchimont, he had achieved what i would consider a perfect slide at nearly 100mph. At this point, hydroplane was nearly 100% and i was in shock, but not stunned...

With the WRX two car's distance ahead, we both braked as hard as we could going into the chicane!!!!!

He braked slightly later than I and had going left into the chicane and had to shift down to 1st gear to avoid going off-track bearing right out of the chicane. Though in my Lan Evo IV, powered by the almighty 4G63 and aided by the ever-versatile AYC, I managed that chicane with a slightly higher average speed and better angle all while in 2nd gear

Though he exited the chicane directly ahead of me, with nary 12 inches between us, the Lancer prove to be the better car as the 4G63's brutal acceleration propelled me hard and fast ahead of my rival and across the finish like!!!

Lan Evo IV wins by 00.036 seconds!!!

Replay saved, once i get my hands on a USB flash drive, I'll post these pictures here or elsewhere in the photomode forum :D

*EDIT: So , browsing around my old posts I come across this; having had the replay stored from this (ONLINE) race a while back. Having the free time, I'll take some good pictures of this race.

Last edited:
Back