Spa with Peugeot 908 - Can you beat the real life lap times?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sparrow_ger
  • 5 comments
  • 3,029 views
Messages
36
Messages
sparrow_ger
I spent some time driving different cars in the Spa A-Spec seasonal (I like the track and the event pays out good). When was driving the Peugeot 908 HDi FAP (one of my favorite cars btw), I was wondering what kind of tires would be needed to be able to compete with the real life lap times.

So I searched for qualification lap times done with the 908 in Spa in 2010. Here they are:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_1000_km_of_Spa

My 908 is set up like almost all of my race cars:
- best possible setup (suspension, LSD, ...)
- oil change
- but NO additional tuning (like turbos, spoiler upgrades, ...)
--> it has 707 PP

I wanted to find out if the RM or RS tires are better to get close to real life lap times. But I have to admit that wasn't even able to beat the 1:58 with the RS.

I'm not a good driver at all. Question to talented guys among you: Can you beat the real life lap times with a 908 without tuning parts? Maybe even on RM tires?

Please post your lap times!
 
Very strange this is as I race online a lot and find this target time easy to beat, Yet in the seasonall event with the same car and spec its damned hard.

Of course offline is faster still but this shows 2 different physic levels for online events.
 
The night the new seasonals posted up, I detuned the 908 for the run at Spa, and posted a 1:54.xxx lap time with it. But that was with the high-RPM turbo and race softs, and cutting the last chicane a bit, so it doesn't count. I'll have to take out a "stock" example and try it out on Racing Hards or Racing Mediums and see what I can do. One advantage we have, though: no fear. I can take Eau Rouge at full chat without fear of what happens if it all goes wrong. In real life it's not that easy, and even F1 drivers have a hard time not lifting just a bit!
 
So you didnt change the downforce?

thats the decider here. thats the difference between eau rouge lift or wide open
 
Oh, I had the downforce maxed out.

I tried it just now on Racing Hards, downforce set to default, stock power levels, etc., and couldn't do better than a 2:04.xxx with it.
 
You CAN max the downforce out. But don't install additional spoilers (if that's even possible for the 908). For some cars (like one of those Pescarolo cars) you can change the rear spoiler, which enables you to increase the rear downforce to 100 instead of 85. I never checked if that's possible for the 908.

If what Mark says is correct, than it seems that the lap time also depends on which event/mode you are driving in. I just did the seasonal event. I will also try it online and in training mode. I will always leave fuel consumption and tire wear switched off, so that the lap times are comparable.

Update:
Strange, I couldn't find a difference between online, training and seasonal. I always get the same lap times.
 
Last edited:
Back