Spec 2 and 3 Updates Still Available?

• Thread starter Robin
  • 4 comments

Robin

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I don't know if I will get a reply in here but...

I've run out of space and need to delete GT5 Prologue's data file on my HDD which is around 7GB (5GB from the disk and 2GB from the Spec 2 and 3 update).

Does anyone know if the servers which provided thse updates are still up? The updates came from in game and not the PS Store. I'm worried if I remove them I won't be able to play the game properly ever again (for nostalgia etc).

Robin.

Sadly, no (ashame because I wanted to do some matchmaking). I was lucky with the update because my PS3 was pre-owned and the guy who played before already updated the game.
Even though there is GT5, GT5P is still a fantastic game :).

You could, buy the Spec 3 game disc. :sly: If you could find one that is.
I'm sure they're really inexpensive. Sold mine for dirt cheap last year. :(

Thanks for the replies guys :) 👍, I didn't think there would be any in this part of the forum! GT5P is great in its own way because it is a separate game with its own challenges.

I'm curious to know RESHIRAM5 how you found out they are no longer available?

It's terrible that GT5P updates are no longer hosted, that’s gaming for you in the cloud / internet age :grumpy:

When people can still pick up an 80's console plug it in and play where they left off where will we be in 30 years time with all our missing bits of DLC, lost downloaded games on dead consoles and updates that are long gone?

I could buy the Spec 3 disk but its a bit of a waste seeing as I paid quite alot for the original Prologue (mines launch NTSCJ).

I guess I will have to find some space elsewhere, I don't really want to upgrade the HDD seeing as in like 3 weeks its going to be obsolete!

Robin.

When I used my brothers PS3 and it didn't go to any update, nor is there an update file on there.

Unlike GT5, GT5P serves as a real challange especially the S class races.

Back