Spec III Differences?

• Thread starter srpst23
  • 8 comments
I know that most of the folks on here have been playing GT5P for a while now, but I just recently broke down and bought a PS3 and GT5P. I was cruising through the game and didn't realize that there were any substantial differences between the specs. I'm putting this into the tuning section mainly because that is where I'm seeing it the most. I've noticed that most of the tuning settings that I'm finding won't work for me because they put me way over the allowable PP for the S class races. I've actually cleared all of the events except S-10 by tweeking tunes I've found around the forums. Thanks to all that have taken the time to post them. I just cannot seem to find a car/tune for S-10 at 700 PP that I've been able to win with. Just curious, why did PD decide to lower the PP for the newest version for this race by 50 PP? That seems a little excessive, since I doubt that the AI cars have been slowed at all from the earlier versions.

Thanks for the time everyone

Edit: Sorry folks, it has been brought to my attention that the Spec III update actually increases the PP from 700 to 750. Sorry for my confusion. I guess I'll have to hook-up my PS3 to the internet now. I wasn't planning on doing that until I moved, oh well.

Last edited:
This is how I think the S Events evolution is. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Spec I - Easy
Spec II - Easy
Spec II (with another update) - Hard
Spec III - Medium

You need to hook up to the web and get Spec III so you can play online. Once you clear S10 then what? You can always go for all golds. Then go for all golds in pro physics... But the real fun is online.

And of course there is more help available for the current spec since that's what most are using.

yeah, I know I'm going to have to go online eventually, I'm just not that good of a driver not to get blasted continually online by everyone else. I use the pad and an automatic tranny, so I'll be at a huge disadvantage from the get go. I'll probably end up doing all of the races a ton of times, trying to win with the worst possible car. Although flawed, I was a fan of the Aspec points from GT4.

yeah, I know I'm going to have to go online eventually, I'm just not that good of a driver not to get blasted continually online by everyone else. I use the pad and an automatic tranny, so I'll be at a huge disadvantage from the get go. I'll probably end up doing all of the races a ton of times, trying to win with the worst possible car. Although flawed, I was a fan of the Aspec points from GT4.

Hi mate, i use a pad and auto tranny, i have won a lot of races, try it and find out, i cant compete with the fastest guys here but i am by far not the slowest.

Hi mate, i use a pad and auto tranny, i have won a lot of races, try it and find out, i cant compete with the fastest guys here but i am by far not the slowest.

Did you mate. :lol: sorry couldn’t resist

yeah if you like bumper cars, wall riding and ramming this is just for you.:grumpy:

When you go online at set times (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=198) you will be there with a bunch of GTP members and they are clean drivers. There are almost always some punter. and till the private rooms we’ve got to deal with them.

Back