- 2
- sportscribe
Good racing is hard to find online in GT5 -- I've found out as much since I started playing on Christmas day.
I come from a background of PC sims such as NR2003, iRacing, etc., where everyone has equal equipment, and we leave it up to the driver to decide a winner.
Maybe we can re-create some of that racing in GT5.
I have a good internet connection and have hosted races with 12 drivers seamlessly. I'll try 16 when the demand is there. So if anyone is interested in racing cars stock for pickup races, we should post here the day of when a server will be up and running on these settings.
To see if we can get this started, I'll be running the server "GTPlanet spec racing" (hopefully that name fits) and start it at 7 p.m. ET tonight. Races will be 5 laps apiece and 5 to 10 minutes apart depending on how many are in the server. We'll use various car/track combinations, but everyone will be in the same equipment.
Normally when I try this, it's impossible to get more than 2-3 drivers because nobody wants to race lower-hp cars that don't handle perfectly. Maybe there will be interest this time.
If you need that long numerical code to find the server, I'll post it here when I open it. My PSN ID is the same as my username.
I come from a background of PC sims such as NR2003, iRacing, etc., where everyone has equal equipment, and we leave it up to the driver to decide a winner.
Maybe we can re-create some of that racing in GT5.
I have a good internet connection and have hosted races with 12 drivers seamlessly. I'll try 16 when the demand is there. So if anyone is interested in racing cars stock for pickup races, we should post here the day of when a server will be up and running on these settings.
To see if we can get this started, I'll be running the server "GTPlanet spec racing" (hopefully that name fits) and start it at 7 p.m. ET tonight. Races will be 5 laps apiece and 5 to 10 minutes apart depending on how many are in the server. We'll use various car/track combinations, but everyone will be in the same equipment.
Normally when I try this, it's impossible to get more than 2-3 drivers because nobody wants to race lower-hp cars that don't handle perfectly. Maybe there will be interest this time.
If you need that long numerical code to find the server, I'll post it here when I open it. My PSN ID is the same as my username.