Special event about you in GT5, what would it teach and what would the title be?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gtsmashbros
  • 13 comments
  • 1,233 views

gtsmashbros

(Banned)
Messages
689
United States
California
Messages
Cabriolet21
Messages
Rebel Against This Empire!!!
I thought this would be a fun thread and would be different from all the "[insert here] IS A MUST" threads.

Mine would be "the gtsmashbros Formula GT Challenge"

It would involve learning open-wheeler characteristics and braking points, handling, etc.

What about you?
 
You do realize this will turn into a "[insert here] IS A MUST" thread, right?

Anyway, mine would be the "Yellowbird Event".

Basically a series of technical courses with stock Yellowbirds.
 
Assuming we're allowed to create new tracks for this idea... I'd add downhill car control. Point to point steep mountain roads with lots of varying angles of descent for variety. Uphill would be the natural choice after that, but down seems more fun to me :)
 
Another one I might do is Crash Avoidance Challenge.

There would be set-up scenarios where you would have to avoid an upcoming accident. Would definitely help online.
 
nascars or go-carts on the nurbergring maybe
 
Autocross.

I was going to say autox, but I think it would be pretty hard. I had some trouble with the slalom licenses, just not knowing exactly where the car was. Hard to get a good feel for it.
 
I wondered why there wasn't a drifting event. I would have that, with the famous japanese mountain road from Initial D (I forgot what its called). The car on beginner level would be the Toyota Trueno S.Shgeno version of course lol and the next level difficulty would have a more advance car and it would be a famous one. I WOULD REALLY LOVE THAT! Master every bend to get a gold, and win different type of drift cars, also drift based cars. oofftt! I would call the event 'INITIAL D" which is pretty obvious lol
 
Autocross was one of my favorite things about Forza 1. Just one of the many things that Turn 10 removed as they catered more and more to the painting community instead of the racers.....
 
Course Generator! :)
Random track with a random car set up.
Get in and go.

It would teach adaptability.

A dumb idea to be sure, but it would be pretty fun. Heck, it could be a repeatable event for a small some of cash and xp so as not to be exploitable.
 
A road rally where the idea isn't the quickest time but to match a time...like bracket racing. Only caveat is that you're in a conga line of cars that tempt you to speed up, slow down, and drive erratic...like virtual rush-hour traffic.

Teaching point; stay cool under pressure and anticipate what's going to happen around you.
 
Back