Special Event: Rally Advanced

  • Thread starter Thread starter Justdiver
  • 10 comments
  • 1,185 views
Messages
37
Messages
justdiver518
Messages
justdiver
I'm having some trouble. I CRUSHED the first two legs of this. The dirt and snow were so easy. I killed the snow by almost 3 minute lead.

The road coarse I can't complete though! No matter what I do I always seem to be so far behind the other cars. I don't understand how I could do so well on dirt and snow and suck so incredibly on the pavement.

Any suggestions about how I should go about tackling this course?
 
Lots of threads about this but the basics are:

Camber, use it. Downforce should be cranked as well.

Just nail your braking points, make sure your shifting is spot on. You basically have to be perfect, or at least I was but I've gotten a lot better since I've ran that.
 
I had the EXACT same problem. I was using a Ford Focus Rally Car '99 and owned on gravel and snow but couldn't nail down tarmac. I don't know what car you're using, but for mine I slapped on a Stage 3 turbo and racing softs (maybe mediums I can't remember), used maxed downforce, lowered it as far as it would go, added some camber, set my torque distributor to 40/60, and brake balance at 6/5, with all aids off except ABS 1. Look at the course map before in the little pre-race menu, if there's some longer straights, gear your transmission for around 190-200 mph, if it's mainly short straights and hairpins do maybe 150-160. And don't be afraid to drift it a little here abd there. I wouldn't try to purposely, but if the back starts to come around, keep with it until you're out of the turn. Make sure too that you use the HUD map so you can judge the curves ahead of you. The stupid co-driver is useless. Be careful too on hills that are on corners, they're tricky. That's all I have to say about that.
 
30/70 torque.. what car were you driving?

Lancia Delta S4 Rally Car '85. Has served me well so far. Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll give those tweaks a try and see how it goes. 👍
 
This is a little off subject but I just finished the intermediate race lastnight. I was planning on attempting the advance this evening. I was having all kinds of issues with the rally races until I picked up the Subaru Rally 03. With this car I was blowing away the competition. Has anybody tried this car for advance?
 
I absolutely walked advanced on tarmac using the Delta S4 Rally Car, shouldn't cause any problems.
 
I absolutely walked advanced on tarmac using the Delta S4 Rally Car, shouldn't cause any problems.

Same for me, with automatic gears too - think I may have put some softer tyres on the car though
 
Well I used everyone's suggestions and I won with plenty of time to spare. Thanks much everyone.
 
I'm using the Lancia DELTA S4, with manual, i only put 0 on TC. Other user said this at other site. Now, the advanced is a Piece Cake!!

Thanks unknown guy!
 
I owned in the snow....having problems with the dirt n road I'll try adding a lil camber.I've tried using the Delta, Suburu,Evo and Suzuki cars...sucks I can't use my Subby RM on it
 
Back