I just beat it with silver then gold. Attempted for 2 hours today. You want to aim for certain positions and you need to know what cars to get around in which turn. It's definitely a race that GT puts in to make it a necessity for you to know what you want to do for each part of the race. I did have to put down the GT Driving Force Wheel and use the regular controller.
Driving Options:
Transmission - Automatic (Normally I use Manual, but not for this)
Traction Control - 5
Skid Recovery Force - On
Active Steering - Strong
ASM - Off
ABS - 4
I saved the replay even though it isn't as good as a lot of the other attempts I gave it. I might post it for people to get an idea of what I mean when I say you have to know where you want to be during each part of the race.
Good luck!
Driving Options:
Transmission - Automatic (Normally I use Manual, but not for this)
Traction Control - 5
Skid Recovery Force - On
Active Steering - Strong
ASM - Off
ABS - 4
I saved the replay even though it isn't as good as a lot of the other attempts I gave it. I might post it for people to get an idea of what I mean when I say you have to know where you want to be during each part of the race.
Good luck!