Special Events

  • Thread starter Thread starter nasirgt
  • 12 comments
  • 1,393 views
Messages
7
Hi there ppl I am tryna complete the Sebastion Loeb challenge but i cant get to grips with it any suggestions or tips? Also im tryna complete the Rally Challenge Advanced but I always seem to fall behind on each stage with atleast 20 secs on each stage.
 
Learn the tracks as thoroughly as you can and if you are really struggling use the skid recovery assist. gl
 
Hi there ppl I am tryna complete the Sebastion Loeb challenge but i cant get to grips with it any suggestions or tips? Also im tryna complete the Rally Challenge Advanced but I always seem to fall behind on each stage with atleast 20 secs on each stage.

Hi there,

You may wish to complete the Seb Loeb challenge first, as the prize car for that event will help you in the Rally Challenge Special Event. Try running without traction control if you have been using it so far 👍

May I also request that you do not use text speak such as "ppl" or words like "tryna" and instead use complete words and correct punctuation, and capital "I" when referring to yourself please. You can find further posting guidelines in the AUP (https://www.gtplanet.net/aup) which you agreed to when signing up for these forums 👍

Thank you in advance for your consideration, all the best
Maz
 
Hi there ppl I am tryna complete the Sebastion Loeb challenge but i cant get to grips with it any suggestions or tips? Also im tryna complete the Rally Challenge Advanced but I always seem to fall behind on each stage with atleast 20 secs on each stage.

What car are you using for this??

Also, what rally cars do you currently own??

There's a car called the Lancia Delta S4 that you win as a prize car (see thread that details prize cars in the game) and using this car will win you the rally school advanced easily, especially if you tune this car with a turbo kit and adjust suspension and gearing for each event.

Sebastion Loeb challange isn't quite so easy, as the cars involved between you and him are more evenly matched in performance. So driving skill, rather than outright performance is more important here.
 
Just use "skid recovery" on - with that "helper" rally gets very easy...
 
What car are you using for this??

Also, what rally cars do you currently own??

There's a car called the Lancia Delta S4 that you win as a prize car (see thread that details prize cars in the game) and using this car will win you the rally school advanced easily, especially if you tune this car with a turbo kit and adjust suspension and gearing for each event.

Sebastion Loeb challange isn't quite so easy, as the cars involved between you and him are more evenly matched in performance. So driving skill, rather than outright performance is more important here.

I thought the S. Loeb Challenge was much easier than Advanced Rally Challenge.

I had some problems on the dirt stage on Advanced Rally but I golded all 3 of the Loeb Challenge on my first go!
 
I thought the S. Loeb Challenge was much easier than Advanced Rally Challenge.

I had some problems on the dirt stage on Advanced Rally but I golded all 3 of the Loeb Challenge on my first go!

It was the opposite for me, I got gold on the three Rally school advanced events on my first go, but have given up on the Loeb events.

Got gold on the first, but the other two drive me mad.
 
The description on the Loeb Challenge is misleading. First time I tried it the ghost drove off into the distance and I gave up. I tried again last night and golded the first race at the first attempt. You have to get a faster time than the ghost, not necessarily beat it. Second race I golded at the second attempt and the last race I golded first time, when I finally managed to complete the course. Bizarrely I practised the last track in Arcade while I was struggling to reach the finish line and with the same car and options it was about 40 seconds faster than the challenge. The car felt so much more "natural"!

I used the upgraded Delta S4 on Advanced (with SRF admittedly) and won each stage comfortably.
 
I turn off all driving aids, the only time I use them is a little bit of traction control for the Le Mans cars, the wheels still spin in 2nd and 3rd, but it's just a bit more controllable.

Did you use driving aids on the Loeb challenge, does it make a big difference??
 
I used the Delta S4 as suggested above and won the rally special events with ease. Took a little while to get the set up right. Think that I have all the assists on except traction control. Won the snow event by over 1 min on the advanced level.
 
I'm gonna go off the norm here and suggest the following:

All Aids off, ABS 1 (just to prevent the brakes from locking easily).

How far off are you from the ghost? If you can see him try to pay attention to what he is doing. Keep an eye on the map on the screen if not that may be easier. Also make sure you set the diff to 50/50, on a Driving Force GT this is done in the tuning popup menu, otherwise you need to map some controls to it on a pad or regular Driving Force Pro or other wheel.

The basics of rallying are to brake early and late apex. When coming to a turn you should start your turn in and brake WAY earlier than you would on the road, the car will then slide in and you can release the steering (maybe countersteer slightly) and drive straight through the corner. This works on every type of corner in combination with downshifting, the only difference is how long you hold the brake down. When releasing the brake come off gradually (trailbraking) as you follow through the turn. Unlike road driving, braking and accelerating at the same time are OK here.

Once you beat the Loeb challenge you will win his Citroen C4 WRC which will absolutely destroy the competition in Advanced rally completely unmodified (just with the diff set to 50/50). Some others have mentioned the Lancia Delta S4, which is a great car and has NO need for modification, that one will absolutely shellac everyone. If you aren't keeping up in that car, work on your driving technique.

Rallying in this game while not perfect (the courses are too wide and the surface is a bit too slick) is very well done and very rewarding, no reason to just blow through it you will be missing out on one of the most fun parts of the game.
 
Just turning on Skid recovery force took me from 10 seconds over bronze to ten seconds under gold in the Loeb challenges.

Edit: and also, of course, tcs and asm off
 
Back