Private online racing

  • Thread starter Thread starter TiZzla
  • 23 comments
  • 2,877 views
Messages
2,047
New Zealand
New Zealand
Messages
TIZZLAA
Since it took me ages to find and since none of my friends could figure it out...

To race privately online with your friends you must:

Enter the GT life screen > Click on COMMUNITY >

From here you can either create a room yourself by clicking on the coffe cup (lounge icon) or join one of your freinds rooms.

To join a room you must highlight their name from the list and then select the "now playing" icon next to the coffee cup.

Only people on your PSN friends list will appear in the list.

The only other way to join is if you have 12 digit? room number which you can enter in the open lobby section. (so i'm told)

There seems to be an issue with the PSN friends list failing to populate sometimes. At the top of the list you can select ID, A spec or B spec, clicking between these options sometimes refreshed the list and the names came back.

As with the open lobby system there are some annoying issues with the private rooms: Anyone in the room can adjust the settings of anything, anyone can start the race and the most annoying thing is that you cannot invite your friends through GT5 you have to message them and explain to them how to get there which is a pain in the a** using the XMB with a six axxis :yuck:

I hope someone finds this useful.
 
Last edited:
Thankyou! TiZzla
 
Great info I can't wait to get my group of friends together!
 
Has anyone tried this yet? I created a room called ss7 Open. I am doing free runs. Apparently this track is like 16 miles long, and has these HUGE straightaways. It is the last track on the list. I am doing 200 in the gallardo. Check it out I am online now!!!

EDIT- SS7 Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Wow, how was I suppose to figure this out? Lol

Yeah it's a pretty stupid system, well for me it is anyway because i'm only interested in the private online system untill the open one gets sorted out.

The game actually told me how to do this but only from the little bits of info that run along the screen when you highlight an option that most people won't notice...
 
Awesome info, I was looking for a way to do this.

As a side note....Plug in a USB keyboard instead of typing with the six axis.
 
Last edited:
Awesome info, I was looking for a way to do this.

As a side note....Plug in a USB keyboard instead of typing with the six axis.

Can you plug in any random keyboard? Haha i never knew that.......
 
Can you plug in any random keyboard? Haha i never knew that.......

Yes, it will recognize USB keyboards. I have a Roll up USB keyboard (roll up as in it literally can roll up into a ball).
 
Awesome thanks, i wish i knew this like 2 years ago when i started playing prologue!
 
^^LOL..no problem man. Good info by the way. I like many others were so excited to play GT5, I just dove in without reading any manual material. I was trying to setup a private race earlier to no avail, and just thought it wasn't in the game. Glad to see I was mistaken.
 
Yeah i bet there will be loads of people who just think it hasn't been included in the game. The game really is quite complex, theres so many things yet to be discovered...
 
INDEED! LOL...I'm still exploring. Just now started racing online today. I switched my search to all instead of US, and joined a race hosted by a Japan player. Everyone was drifting at Tsukuba, it was pretty cool and felt like I was IN Japan...lol.
 
Took me a while to figure this out as well, I hope they add a free run only event!
Thanks for the keyboard news btw thats a life saver!
Don't suppose anyone knows how to race with a course maker track online? I haven't yet
 
Took me a while to figure this out as well, I hope they add a free run only event!
Thanks for the keyboard news btw thats a life saver!
Don't suppose anyone knows how to race with a course maker track online? I haven't yet

You can free run in any online room if you want. Y ou just have to make sure nobody starts the race! Easy to do with your friends but impossible in an open lobby.

As for racing on a user created track i guess if you make one and save it, it should then appear in the list of tracks you can choose in the online room.
 
You can free run in any online room if you want. Y ou just have to make sure nobody starts the race! Easy to do with your friends but impossible in an open lobby.

As for racing on a user created track i guess if you make one and save it, it should then appear in the list of tracks you can choose in the online room.

Pretty sure this usb keyboard thing works all over the PS3 interface. I used it on PS Home.
 
Open Lobby is a big dissapointment. What a zoo trying to race anyone. Being a fan of Iracing, this isn't racing. This is Bumber Cars.. I'm just a lurker on this website and get information, but what's the best thing to get hooked up with some of you guys and do some clean racing. To put a GTP in front of my PSNID I would have to start a new game on GT5? I'm not the fastest but I try to be clean. This bumper car thing is a mess. What happened to performance points and professional physics rooms?
 
Since it took me ages to find and since none of my friends could figure it out...

To race privately online with your friends you must:

Enter the GT life screen > Click on COMMUNITY >

From here you can either create a room yourself by clicking on the coffe cup (lounge icon) or join one of your freinds rooms.

To join a room you must highlight their name from the list and then select the "now playing" icon next to the coffee cup.

Only people on your PSN friends list will appear in the list.

The only other way to join is if you have 12 digit? room number which you can enter in the open lobby section. (so i'm told)

There seems to be an issue with the PSN friends list failing to populate sometimes. At the top of the list you can select ID, A spec or B spec, clicking between these options sometimes refreshed the list and the names came back.

As with the open lobby system there are some annoying issues with the private rooms: Anyone in the room can adjust the settings of anything, anyone can start the race and the most annoying thing is that you cannot invite your friends through GT5 you have to message them and explain to them how to get there which is a pain in the a** using the XMB with a six axxis :yuck:

I hope someone finds this useful.


I thought it was quite easy to find out. Does anybody really need a "guide" for this? :o
 
Open Lobby is a big dissapointment. What a zoo trying to race anyone. Being a fan of Iracing, this isn't racing. This is Bumber Cars.. I'm just a lurker on this website and get information, but what's the best thing to get hooked up with some of you guys and do some clean racing. To put a GTP in front of my PSNID I would have to start a new game on GT5? I'm not the fastest but I try to be clean. This bumper car thing is a mess. What happened to performance points and professional physics rooms?

It'd be an entirely new PSN account so yeah. That said, why do you need a GTP? Just add people from here and people will get to know everyone. :)
 
Yeah it's a pretty stupid system, well for me it is anyway because i'm only interested in the private online system untill the open one gets sorted out.

I was in an open lobby last night run by El Z and it was about as great as anything I've ever done on a video game, or a tv for that matter 👍

New car/track combo every 10 minutes or so really keeps you on your toes and really helps getting acquainted with the new physics engine.

Thanks for the tip on the private lobby though.
 
Open Lobby is a big dissapointment. What a zoo trying to race anyone. Being a fan of Iracing, this isn't racing. This is Bumber Cars.. I'm just a lurker on this website and get information, but what's the best thing to get hooked up with some of you guys and do some clean racing. To put a GTP in front of my PSNID I would have to start a new game on GT5? I'm not the fastest but I try to be clean. This bumper car thing is a mess. What happened to performance points and professional physics rooms?

Don't be put off, the game has just shipped, plenty of noobs outthere racing. Just stick around here an make friends, you will have some fantascit, close and clean racing.

Hey add me if you want. I am a pretty fast VERY clean driver. I am away from home at the moment so will accept any friend request once I am back. PSN: PAPPACLART:tup:
 
I was in an open lobby last night run by El Z and it was about as great as anything I've ever done on a video game, or a tv for that matter 👍

New car/track combo every 10 minutes or so really keeps you on your toes and really helps getting acquainted with the new physics engine.

Thanks for the tip on the private lobby though.

Thats good to hear, i guess it depends on who's in the room. Was he running a SHUFFLE type of event? There's no way to define the car everybody uses except for the randomised shuffle option.
 
Can anyone explain how to set rules/car restrictions in private race?

Thx
 
Back