Special stage route 11 = 90 degree hell

This has to be the most aggravating circuit in the game, practically every turn is 90 degrees, is there ne way possible to drift thru these turns?

Think this is bad, try SS Route 11 on GT1.

that 2nd main staight had a REALLY hard turn in the middle, a barryer right in the middle of the track, you had to sharply go right, then go left again to avoid the 2ND one. gah. glad they removed that from gt3.

Originally posted by azndrifter318
This has to be the most aggravating circuit in the game, practically every turn is 90 degrees, is there ne way possible to drift thru these turns?

I think you mean 180 degrees.

What exactly is aggrivating about it? Are you just upset that you can't drift well on SS11? I've drifted the first two hairpins and the last big one a little bit plenty times just playing around, and I generally think drifting is pretty dumb.

This should be in the drifter's forum, since all you're asking is how to drift SS11.

I can link the first half of the track. I don't think 90 or 180 degree turns are difficult at all. There's really nothing different about them at all. You lines don't change or anything like that. Just the shape of the track.

I hate Special Stage 11. It's one of the longer ones and probably the more difficult of the tracks.

I can't express my level of joy when I saw that it was this weeks OLR track. :P

Originally posted by battle_stage
I can link the first half of the track. I don't think 90 or 180 degree turns are difficult at all. There's really nothing different about them at all. You lines don't change or anything like that. Just the shape of the track.

main reason it's just ticking me off, is the ai, it just seems to good for the course and i can't win the series!!!!

I did not even see that he was wondering about drifting this track :D... The first half of the course is fairly easy, and just takes some getting used to before braking points and such are intuitive... After that sloped corner, the lines are a bit harder to perfect but still relatively simply after you find them... my absolute favorite corner in the entire game is the little u turn made out of two 90 degree corners coming out of the u turn that is under the tunnel... great turn...

Anyways the only advice that anyone can give you is to try again and again until you get it... i would give you a blow by blow of what i do for the entire course, but since i do not really think about what i am pressing while i drift or race i do not think it would help much...

This course teaches you control wether you are drifting or racing...

I love this track! And yes, those hairpins are 180 degrees.

The only things that I don't like about this track are:

- It's one of the longer tracks. When I'm hurrying through a series, trying to get a prize car, It sucks having to race this track too. Most of the other tracks are 1-1.5 minutes/lap. This one is generally 2 minutes/lap. It just takes longer to get my car.

- I suck at Course II for this track, the one that goes in the other direction. I'm still not bad, but in comparison to my driving on course I, my times drop off quite a bit. I'm even worse at the Colloseum II.

Yep... this is a good track to learn control: gas, brakeing, under/oversteering, drifting, wallriding

But, it does get to be a pain in the arse if your trying to race close and you clip the wall and the comp wins it.

Originally posted by G A R A

that 2nd main staight had a REALLY hard turn in the middle, a barryer right in the middle of the track, you had to sharply go right, then go left again to avoid the 2ND one. gah. glad they removed that from gt3.

:lol: ha I hated that too I think I only got that corner right a few times out of all the races I did there.

SSR11 is by far on of the better tracks in the game, along with Grand Valley. Those are my two fav tracks in the game. They have quick sharp turns, long turns, and long straights. These tracks show tru skills

Oh as a pointer... turn asm off and tcs to a low value (3 or lower)... If you have a hard time controlling on the hairs you can either learn throttle control or turn the tcs up... its really up to you... asm is extremely important to turn off, or at least lower on this course... It is impossible to keep speed through the hairs with it on...

SSR11 is one of my favorite courses for sure. Can't get enough of it! Cote d'Azur is good for drifting too, as well as Deep Forest and Trial Mountain II. Those four are my favorites right now.

My favorites...

ssr11
cote
ssr11 II
going to laguna and running it the wrong way :D
going to cote and doing the same thing :D

this is one of the best drift tracks tese might be your prolbems.

bad::
you are going 2 fast
not enough control
2 much power
bad setup
asm&tcs

I've been playing this one for a while now and i think it's my fav. now, i used a skyline, the 4wd is more stable to drift with through the really tight turns. but are there ne vids of drifting for this track?

It took me awhile to get a hang of SS11. I had just gotten my Skyline and wasn't used to the power. I kept slamming into the barriers left and right. That 3000GT left me in the dust. I persisted, made some minor adjustments, and stuck to my new creedo (the brakes are my friend). I upped the HP, made some minor "assistance" adjustments and started taking names. I am kinda getting to like it now, and making money in the process.

Now if I can just get my Dira XX to go faster than 90mph on the Special I will be a happy guy!

Surely he jests? Learning that was one of the most rewarding parts of GT1. (I have heard rumours that it was removed because GT1 cars had some sort of "hint line" to guide them around the track, but that was removed from all subsequent versions of the game; i.e. the cars now figure the track and racing-line out for themselves. (Or not, e.g. first double-left at Apricot Hill in GT2)).

Back