Special Stage route 11 All night 1

• Thread starter Seagull
  • 3 comments
New Zealand
New Zealand
I hope there are still people playing GT1 in late 2012 like me! :D

Not too hard a race in the end, but in case anyone was curious for a strategy or having trouble, here's what I did. (Not saying this is the best way, just *a* way)

*details*
Laps = 30
Time taken = 57 minutes
Car used = Subaru Impreza Rally Edition (special model)
Pit lap = end of lap 16

*Car details*

For this race, a 4wd car is a good choice, and I decided to try the impreza special. With a good power to weight ratio and close gearing, this car is quite effective. The handling is easy, making it hard to spin out and more manageable on worn tyres, and it is easy to acquire.
As I found when trying the Cerbera LM, tyres lose grip quite early around lap 9-10, and it is noticeable when they start to enter the yellow stage, unlike later GT games when tyres must enter orange before handling really suffers.
The RWD Cerbera became very hard to handle at around lap 12 when the back tyres would constantly spin, and too much time was lost. Pitting at lap 10 and 20 with a lead might work, but the impreza only needs one pitstop. I suspect you would lose too much time.
Your 900hp GTO won't be much good on this tight and technical circuit!

*Pre Race setup*

The Impreza is set up like it's real life rally counterpart. Lower the ride height to 110mm and increase the camber by around .05 degrees. Change the final drive ratio to increase top speed slightly for the main straight, and fit Racing hard tyres. I also modify the brake balance to give a forward bias.
Also I recommend turning the music volume down in the options if you don't want to hear the same song on loop for an hour!

*The Race*

Qualifying is not necessary, but it's a good way to get a practice lap in.
The Impreza will charge past the first 4 cars in seconds from 6th place.

Typical opponents are a R Lantis, R Primera, R Galant(or some 4-door), R Supra, R GTO - The GTO is really your only threat in this race. It can catch you on the straight and keep good pace, for much of the race it can only be about 10 seconds behind.

The most important thing is the ability to generate a lead early. As the A.I. cars DON'T PIT IN, If you have not made a significant lead by about 5 laps in, you have a problem. The GTO will probably pass you when you pit, so you need to have a lead to account for this, and the inevitable mistakes that will happen.

Your tyres will start to wear noticeably at about lap 9 to 10, so this is when you must use caution. From lap 13 to 16, you can lose 5 seconds a lap over good tyres easily, and chicanes become trickier. I pitted at lap 16 to prevent having totally worn tyres on the final lap, and I still had a lead on the GTO at this point. He passed me when I was exiting pit, and I managed to re-pass him within a lap.
If you have managed all of this, from this point you are in the clear!

*Additional tips*

-Have breaks often - the pixels and low framerate aren't good for concentration!
-Learn to drive in manual - You will have much more control over deceleration and can shift early when tyres start to slip.
-Don't wall ride - there are so many chained corners on this track that it will slow you down. Entry and exit speed matters more than apexing in this not so precise GT game.

Might write a post when I manage to do the other two enduros! 👍

Thank you for your guide, but SSR11AN1 is quite easy due to "No restrictions on car type", therefore you have an ability to use any special racing model.

Try to give us the guide for SSR11AN2 with "No racing special models", and specify, which cars are applicable. IMHO this is the hardest championship in the whole game.

I totally intend to get to the other two races as well, as there doesn't seem to be a complete guide for all three on the web. I did not realize that the second event was a 'no racing special models' one, so it will be interesting.

SSR11AN1 Isn't too hard as I said, but it can be a little tricky if you don't bring the right car to the party - a guide like this is really just to save time by not having to learn the hard way.

Back