Special Stage Route 11

• Thread starter Panoz
  • 134 comments
I have only driven on the GT3 version, but would love to have any version on this track back.

I really hope we one day get a remaster of the original Gran Turismo version of SSR11. Its a great track and it's really quite sad that after the original GT this track never resurfaced again. I never relly enjoyed the GT3, I guess it just felt inferior to the original... but that is just me thinking out aloud.

I used to hate it when I was a child, but nowadays a really enjoy riding on this track. Isn`t as good as Seattle but I`ll be happy if SSR11`s returns.

If they could only bring back one, the GT1 version would get my vote. Going through that chicane at speed took a while to master.

This real-world corner (@7:39) looks a bit like the first half of the SSR11 underpass chicane, although it's left-right instead of right-left. I didn't think this was safe enough for real life, since it's a head-on collision if you get it just a bit wrong. (Although that's probably true for a lot of high-speed corners since the run-off areas are sometimes seem woefully insufficient for slowing the car down before it hits a wall of tyres.)

Has anyone ever noticed that on SSR5 (GT5 and onwards varient) we are driving on the right-hand side of the road, meaning we are not in Japan, and most likely in America, Miami even.

The best version I've found of Special Stage Route 11 for GT6 for GT6 is by @Mr Grumpy with collaborators from the Track Path Editor topic. Lots of modifications and tricks let them recreate the original - and best - GT1 version.

The approach to the 'death chicane' is too tight and the chicane itself is not deep enough. It is still very satisfying to drive - especially if you use 'dream cars' which have their year set to "---" in the English version. Cars like:
  • Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Race Car
  • Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car
  • Honda Integra Type R Touring Car
  • Mazda RX-8 Concept LM Race Car
  • Madza RX-7 LM Race Car
  • Honda S2000 LM Race Car
  • Nissan 350Z Concept LM Race Car
  • Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car
From August to September 2016 there was a SSR11 time trial in my club:
EjIa7iOcTmcornRDFy_0.jpg

SSR 11 is the best original track. Everybody who play gt remember it was final licence test, full course I think with TVR and that is only track where I been play over and over to get gold. More then 500 trys for gold. When was start play to play gt2 and did'nt see SSR 11 it was disaster, after in 3 part they put it back ❤ it will be exellent to see day and night track...

Back