Specialized car motifs for prizes and other contexts.

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 0 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
So, you know how when you pre-order GTS, you get the game with some cars already in your garage, right? And those cars are, in no way at all, pre-order only; you can buy as many of them as you want, whether you pre-ordered or not. Are we on the same page? Good.

Because I had this idea for a pre-order bonus cars motif. The idea was that the game itself could have a "Launch Edition," where you pre-order the game at some retailers, and you'll have a particular group of cars already in your garage. (Remember: the cars that will come with it would not be exclusive!) These cars in themselves will be Launch Editions, and could be in the game alongside their more "mainline" variants. Allow me to name some examples:

Alfa Romeo 4C
Alpine A110
SRT Viper GTS
Toyota GR Supra

In addition, for the player's birthday, instead of a random car being gifted (or a car from the player's birth-year), I propose that a car with a specifically commemorative motif would be randomly-picked, instead. It could include the aforementioned Launch Edition cars, but also cars like the McLaren F1 LM, the Nissan Skyline GT-R (R33) LM Limited, the Ferrari F40, the Lamborghini Centenario, the Bugatti EB110, and others.

Finally, for prize cars from the campaign, I think a combination of GT4/5/6's motif-based cars and GT3's random cars could work together. Some events could offer a singular car in particular, as in GT4/5/6. Where the random cars may play in, is when there's an event where there could be multiple cars that fit the motif, with some having four, and some having more, like that spinning wheel from various GTS campaign benchmarks. The key, of course, would be to have all the cars genuinely fit the motif, which is something I don't really feel that GT3 did too well. (The austere but newly-modeled car list likely didn't help matters.) So let's say you have a very hard event based on JDM road cars. The potential prizes could be something iconic and/or historic, like the Nissan Skyline GT-R KPGC10, the Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S, the Toyota 2000GT, and so on. But especially rare cars could be good potential prizes, too, like the Nissan Skyline GT-R C110, as winning those also translates to all the less credits you'd spend if you went shopping. I think ideally, the prize cars will have a motif, as well as a way to both save a non-insignificant amount of credits for the player, but not insofar that's it's ridiculously broken for the in-game economy. Being able to obtain the Cadillac Cien concept early-on in GT4 comes to mind as something I'd like to avoid seeing replicated.

But it may not even be necessary to have this "semi-random prize car" thingy, especially if a future title does what GT4 did and have a staggeringly large amount (and variety) of events. There, some cars could simply be shoe-ins for being singular prize cars, for events with specific motifs. I know that if the events associated with specific brands return from GT4, I could see some new-to-series events in GTS also returning, like the event for the Supra, or the Porsche Endurance Cup. And then, for the former, the prize could be something like a TRD 3000GT, and for the latter, a 911 GT2 RS.

(On a side note, I wonder why the Nissan GT-R Cup from GT League isn't called the "Race of the Red 'R' Emblem" like it used it? Maybe because the latter also permits Nissans without the GT-R label? Similarly, why not re-use the "Club Z" title from GT4 for that respective GT League event?)

Back