Speculation and features we can derive from the Gran Turismo 7 announcement trailer

South Africa
South Africa
Hi guys, so we finally got it :D ,the Gran Tursimo 7 announcement we wanted. Pity the trailer was not in 4K/60 we hoped (And even Youtube compression is pretty gross, even in 4K), but what have you guys noticed in the trailer that blew you away? What features do you speculate about us seeing based on what we saw last night?

For me.. tha return of the GT4 layout was mindblowing!

EaQfO5uXQAAa4Rx

And then the return of Trial Mountain!

EaQfTkyWkAEJ0Ky

This gives me hope for Seattle Circuit and the rest of the Original beloved tracks!
Also, love the return of the Used Car option, also individual car mods/purchase/install.

Hoping we get body kits, engine swaps etc also!
What also got me really excited was the rolling clouds, it does indicate a return to dynamic weather/clouds forming/breaking. If they have so much horsepower they can pull that off, I'm expecting the best rain/wet weather we've seen from PD.

Super excited for this game! I want to know the car list so badly, also the track list, I want to see how they've updated the damage modeling etc.

So go wild with your speculations guys, let's have a great discussion :cheers:

Last edited:
I'm super intrigued at the return of used cars, this might suggest that the car count is going to be significantly more than GTS, maybe 500+ like Kaz originally wanted at the end of GTS but now on this.

Also, my thoughts on what GT Cafe could be is the community/ discover section like on GT Sport but elaborated with more features as well!

In terms of the gameplay though I think the reason why it wasn't so impressive was because it's clearly and AI driving the car (with the very simply steering inputs and the awkward braking) and also I think the GT Sport HUD used is just a placeholder for now like some people have said.

I'm super intrigued at the return of used cars, this might suggest that the car count is going to be significantly more than GTS, maybe 500+ like Kaz originally wanted at the end of GTS but now on this.

Also, my thoughts on what GT Cafe could be is the community/ discover section like on GT Sport but elaborated with more features as well!

In terms of the gameplay though I think the reason why it wasn't so impressive was because it's clearly and AI driving the car (with the very simply steering inputs and the awkward braking) and also I think the GT Sport HUD used is just a placeholder for now like some people have said.
I actually didn't think about that... the Used Car Dealership could mean a much higher car count. 💡

Yesterday I wrote about tuning parts shop and gt auto because I really miss them. I'm so happy to see them.
And a proper career mode I've been asking for.
And the old school UI. Even the font is the same they've been using since GT1. Good old times

Truly is s massive throwback to long time fans. It's as though Sport never existed, isn't it? :lol:

I just hope it doesn't mean "standard cars".
LOL standard cars in 480P...in 4K... would literally hurt our eyes lol. I think now that Kaz has some outsourcing happening..it bodes well for having an expanded roster.
Hoping we get many "normal" road cars! Some sedans, German and otherwise. Wouldn't mind a few Volvos also! Would be interesting to see who PD talks and associates with in the coming months.

Any ideas what the Extreme modifications are in the tuning shop? Whatever they are, they go beyond, regular race upgrades.
wow.. imagine it's full on engine swaps...
or crazy "Race inspired" body kits, wide body kits, the whole Fast n the Furious style kit.

Edit:
What did you guys think of the Raytracing in the trailer? Clearly PD plan on going crazy with it! The glow on the lights at the start of the trailer, the reflections on in the inside of the truck reflecting of it's shiny metal, how do you think they will factor it all into the game?

Imagine (in line with the Gran Tursimo 4 theme) where we had a garage, and you'd see your last driven car poking it's nose past the garage door, imagine they expand on that and literally have a homespace, or a garage where we can choose to display our favorite cars, maybe integrate that into a social setting with other players. Imagine having a meetup in someones garage and all their favorite cars are sitting there with beautiful Raytraced goodness!
You know what would make that even crazier? Just like Driveclub.. they let us make a custom avatar :D

Last edited:
Trailer description suggests that the Livery Editor will return in some form:
PlayStation
Whether you’re a competitive racer, collector, fine-tuning builder, livery designer, photographer or arcade fan – ignite your personal passion for cars with features inspired by the past, present and future of Gran Turismo™.
Guessed in a post elsewhere that it might get integrated into GT Auto, but the appearance of 'Scapes' and 'Discover' may also hint at it remaining as a menu option that simply hasn't been shown yet. Interesting...

GT Cafe is unlikely to include "Discover/Community" stuff as there is already a "Discover" section showing elsewhere on the menu?

My initial thoughts were that it might be more like an in game forum where people can exchange messages as it occurred to me that you go to a Cafe for a chat with others.

However, you also go to a Cafe for coffee.... Could this be the location for "Coffee Breaks" separate from the individual races in the "GT World" section and "Championships" in that section. Actually, I now think this is the most likely explanation, since the Coffee Breaks are the only part of the Career mode from GT5 and GT6 that dont fit elsewhere on the map.

Its going to be like a car RPG. Start with entry level cars, work your way through the races. Tuning and used cars allow you to compete in higher spec races with less money, and then eventually you'll have the money to buy high spec cars from the new dealership.

I wonder if they'll have cars exclusive to the used car dealership

Its going to be like a car RPG. Start with entry level cars, work your way through the races. Tuning and used cars allow you to compete in higher spec races with less money, and then eventually you'll have the money to buy high spec cars from the new dealership.

I hope so..Used car dealership is generally for older cars...but I hope it being there means we get a flood of old cars in the game.

"Discover" section looks to be in the game. Will this include tuned cars as well? If PD are still rotating wheels and paints, would be similar to searching for that rare silver E30 M3 with gold BBS RS, Sport exhaust and ECU upgrade?

So....exactly the same as GT1-6. I hope not.

What if the used car dealership is not what we think it is, and it’s not like the old GTs, what if it’s an online auction house for online players to sell there used cars?

I actually didn't think about that... the Used Car Dealership could mean a much higher car count. 💡
Truly is s massive throwback to long time fans. It's as though Sport never existed, isn't it? :lol:

Probably yeah? Only GT games with huge car count has Used Car Dealership, other than GT1 as starter game obviously. But that usually the first GT at console would have less number of cars (GT1 with 140, GT3 with 181, GT5 with 200 Premium cars, GTS with 168) and GT7 is the first on PS5.... What I wonder is, which car from which era are going to be in Used? GT4 is those before 2000, but many years have passed, which one for GT7?
Also Sport provides the much needed modern stuff for GT.... online racing huh?

Any ideas what the Extreme modifications are in the tuning shop? Whatever they are, they go beyond, regular race upgrades.
For grounded assumption, probably for starter, extreme is for the parts that gives the most boost, like y'know, Turbo Kit stage 4, something that boosts 320 hp Supra to 900+ hp, that's an extreme upgrade by default! The Entry part as you see has the common upgrade parts seen in previous Tuning Shop, but only lower level parts, like it only contains Sports Air Filter, not Racing one.

Trailer description suggests that the Livery Editor will return in some form:

Guessed in a post elsewhere that it might get integrated into GT Auto, but the appearance of 'Scapes' and 'Discover' may also hint at it remaining as a menu option that simply hasn't been shown yet. Interesting...
The only reason why Livery Editor was a standalone menu in GTS was because there are no GT Auto. GT Auto is a place that changes colors, rims, etc. Livery Editor certainly fits there (and even GTS one includes that aspect like painting).

LOL standard cars in 480P...in 4K... would literally hurt our eyes lol. I think now that Kaz has some outsourcing happening..it bodes well for having an expanded roster.
Hoping we get many "normal" road cars! Some sedans, German and otherwise. Wouldn't mind a few Volvos also! Would be interesting to see who PD talks and associates with in the coming months.

wow.. imagine it's full on engine swaps...
or crazy "Race inspired" body kits, wide body kits, the whole Fast n the Furious style kit.

Edit:
What did you guys think of the Raytracing in the trailer? Clearly PD plan on going crazy with it! The glow on the lights at the start of the trailer, the reflections on in the inside of the truck reflecting of it's shiny metal, how do you think they will factor it all into the game?

Imagine (in line with the Gran Tursimo 4 theme) where we had a garage, and you'd see your last driven car poking it's nose past the garage door, imagine they expand on that and literally have a homespace, or a garage where we can choose to display our favorite cars, maybe integrate that into a social setting with other players. Imagine having a meetup in someones garage and all their favorite cars are sitting there with beautiful Raytraced goodness!
You know what would make that even crazier? Just like Driveclub.. they let us make a custom avatar :D
Body kits are available in GT Auto though, like in aero parts. Also have you known Racing Modifications early GT have? I hope that would be the one returning with the fictional race cars turned into the base cars' Racing Modifications. The thing is, in GT1/GT2 it was in the Tuning Shop, but in GT5 it was in GT Auto.

So....exactly the same as GT1-6. I hope not.
What has to be done to make it not the same, but not cutting out contents?

Last edited:
What has to be done to make it not the same, but not cutting out contents?

i-evolve-but-i-dont-revolve.jpg

I'm not a game designer, I'm not paid to come up with the ideas, but after 22 years they must be able to think of some new ideas to freshen things up instead of just copy and paste.

Back