Speculations, leaks and rumors about future racetracks for GT7

• Thread starter BrunusCL82
  • 38 comments
I'll be honest, I don't think we're getting more than 2 or 3 more new tracks. There's something unique to PD's track creation process that's clearly quite slow compared to other sims. While I'm personally okay with that if it means what we get is super high quality and futureproofed like the car models are, denying it just seems like setting yourself up for failure at this point.

Genuine question - how hard is it to build a track for GT7?

I seem to recall PD told us how long it takes to build a car, but have they ever said how long it takes for a track?

Wouldn’t mind seeing Autumn Ring and Autumn Ring Mini, Kart Space 1 and 2, Apricot Hill, Red Rock, Ascari. We could definitely use an autumn leaves atmosphere I thought for sure we were getting Autumn Ring in fall when Forza was coming out because they had some autumn scenery in the trailers.

One can only hope. I will say though if they don’t start throwing some tracks our way, when other racing games are released they may see their player count drop. Tracks keep players active. Same goes for FPS games when new maps come out. Cars or Guns only take you so far.

As much as I like the OG tracks, I also fear what PD may do to them while adapting the tracks to modern standarts or to e-sports competition.
If High Speed Ring is anything to go by, Mid-field Raceway and Apricot Hill should arrive pretty much intact (with at best minimal updated scenery befitting of the current generation). All 3 tracks were revamped in the PS3 era so I expect them to pretty much arrive as is if they do.

Last edited:
I don't know why anyone would want Yas Marina in the game. Easily one of the worst F1 tracks, and really doesn't share any characteristics in common with gran turismo tracks that people are fond of.

Ultimately tracks that are flat, wide and 5.x km long with 1km straights are suitable for F1 cars but are quite slow and boring for a lot of the car list. Look at Daytona road course for instance - fun enough in Group 3, but you spend way too much of the lap on the throttle doing nothing in Group 4.

I don't think GT is made better by adding average FIA grade 1 tracks that are in multiple other games.

Last edited:
Yes. There are many tracks speculated. But this cast was formed based on some suggested elements that may or may not be true.

Remembering, Daytona, Watkins and Road Atlanta were only found in the data from the last GT Sport update. Some time later, the three appeared in the GT7.

As you said, I also think if we have two circuits until the end of GT7's life, it will be a great victory.
Three circuits is a realistic prediction in my opinion, two in worst case scenario. The game's main life will not going to end before mid/late 2025 IMHO. 4 tracks altough possible, starts to be more on the optimistic side.

I wonder if a roadmap even exists at this point (for new tracks). GT Sport added its final two tracks 2 years post launch. We are now 2 years post launch of GT7 and the last real circuit added (not counting Lake Louise) was Grand Valley, over a year ago.

Maybe they are sitting on a big content drop that coincides with the PS5 Pro (like PSVR2 and Grand Valley).

I wonder if a roadmap even exists at this point (for new tracks). GT Sport added its final two tracks 2 years post launch. We are now 2 years post launch of GT7 and the last real circuit added (not counting Lake Louise) was Grand Valley, over a year ago.

Maybe they are sitting on a big content drop that coincides with the PS5 Pro (like PSVR2 and Grand Valley).
Good point. I’d like to see three new tracks before they’re done updating the game. In my opinion, if they want to keep people engaged in the game well after, all they’d need to do is toss out an original track every two to three months.

What's your criteria for 'real' track aside from "I didn't like this one so I'm excluding it"
Grand Valley isn't real either?

Back