Speed or Skill ?

I have been reading som eposts lately and all of you are talking about having awesome cars on mem cards that go more than 400 mph and how well you can smoke the competition....but how many of you race throughout the whole game with a less powerful car and win every race? I think that is much better than winning all the races with some 2000 hp beast. Don't get me wrong, I love cars, upgrading them and all that stuff.....but I prefer to have some competition on a race track ! Winning isnt everything, its how you get there that matters. What do you guys think ?

I totally agree. GT2 provided absolutely NO Ai competition. Most of the time my car would at least need to be 100hp down or so. I hope GT3 provides for great competition/spec racing.

Terry

I agree!  It's much more challenging and more fun.  Actually, I'm very cheap when I'm playing a GT game, I won't upgrade unless I have to.  I'll try a race many times before even spending money on parts.  :)

It doesn't matter whether you win by an inch or a mile, but winning by an inch is much more exciting!  :smilewinkgrin:

Hey.. I aint gonna lie.. sometimes I need all the help I can get, and if that means ramming up some AI's tailpipe, heehee  more power to me.. ;-)

2001Actually, I'm very cheap when I'm playing a GT game, I won't upgrade unless I have to.  I'll try a race many times before even spending money on parts.  :)

It doesn't matter whether you win by an inch or a mile,

I agree Jordan thats my challenge,to win with the least money and hp as possible.
   The hybrids and the like just make it fun to see what you can do with top speeds and low et`s.Or just to make it look cool .Myself, i very seldom enter a hybrid in a race.

I have a slightly different philosophy.  I go as fast as I can.  I find that going faster sharpens my skills faster, and allows me to drive better.  I end up racing the clock more than the computer.  I only play against the computer when I am REALLY bored, so I just blow it away to get my cars upgraded for my next bout with another person, the only REAL competition.

I find that racing is all about speed.  The more you have the faster you will go.  I get as much speed as I can.  I found that if I take off all my clothes and lather in vaseline I'm just that much faster.  Because that just contributes to my speed which is what is really important here.  Skill is only important as far as how to lather in vaseline while holding that line at 120 miles per hour.

LET ME SEE, SPEED OR SKILL

WELL AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED YOU CANT HAVE EITHER ONE WITH OUT THE OTHER.

AND THE BEST BANG FOR MY BUCK IS TO BATTLE WITH THE LEADER THRU THE HOLE RACE AND THEN SMOKE HIM ON THE LAST TURN CLEANLY. THATS HOW YOU WILL TRUELY ADVANCE.

Back