Speed Test

• Thread starter BlueShift
  • 29 comments
France
Paris
BlueShift
In offline mode, please allow the player having their timer(s) that would stop after certains conditions are met.
Conditions could be : when the player reached a certain speed, or when the player reached a certain distance or other popular timing way to count a car's performance.

You start on Road X the chrono(s) would stop when these conditions are met.

Ex:
0-100km/h (tick or not tick)
0-200km/h (tick or not tick)
0-300km/h (tick or not tick)
0-400km/h (tick or not tick)
0-100m (tick or not tick)
0-400m (tick or not tick)
0-1000m (tick or not tick)

Allow players to use american speeds and distance aswell.

Then record best times by car, not by try, to not have a board full of X1 best times. Have it displayed in the garage room once a car is selected.
The player can erase his best times of the car he's in, and only this one. He'll keep his best times on X1 but can erase his corvette times, for exemple.

The same feature from gt5, measuring 0-60 times, 1/4 miles, standing miles, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Expand the one from GT5 to include wet/dry skidpad, incline, rough ground, dyno (not just numbers but let me "walk through" like the GT5 data logger), etc. All the tests you see from various magazines and TV shows.

PD, bring the speed test track back but also make a new one, why is this so hard to do? I really don't get it? You made enough money already so please but please apply our feedback! You had two test tracks on gt4 and one on gt3. This was like ten years ago, thats right, ten years ago so please listen to us!

I'd LIKE it but with TWO DECIMALS for the final/result speed (see example) And NO only ONE as in GT5 ..
For this and others reasons the speed trial in GT5 was/is the worst one of every GT so far!

In GT, GT2, GT3, GT4 ..THE TOP SPEED --> 301,01 mph

in GT5 -------> 301.0 mph :mischievous::nervous::irked:👎👎👎👎👎

IR

Last edited:
PD the speedtest is the place to test your cars performance i.e. 1/4M, 400M, 1/2M, 1M. All the official performance tests even including cars geforces. This shouls have been a normal feature included in gt6 are you maad??? for what reason did you take it out and dissapoint and let doen the whole drag community? Also i agree with I-Runner, two decimal places for top speed results. All GT have had this feature. Also the transmission tuning feature needs to be advanced as GT5 at the same time simplfied if you made this game for first time newcomers. There are a lot of dragers in this game.

They'll bring it back and charge us a ridiculous amount for 'new' features :rolleyes: that they really should've implemented in the previous games.

Even if it's on the old test course instead, I'd be all for it :sly:

I need it.

That speed test feature was gold in GT5.

PS
A line of cones would be great to turn on or off on it too. Perhaps with a choice of how far apart they are. (Should I make another thread for this? Something like a "testing grounds" or something - just that I think all these test features ought to be together in one complex and road x would be brilliant for that.)

Last edited:
<snip>

You start on Road X the chrono(s) would stop when these conditions are met.

Ex:
0-100km/h (tick or not tick)
0-200km/h (tick or not tick)
0-300km/h (tick or not tick)
0-400km/h (tick or not tick)
0-100m (tick or not tick)
0-400m (tick or not tick)
0-1000m (tick or not tick)

Allow players to use american speeds and distance as well.
<snip>

This thread sent me off to buy the GT5 DLC. I like it very much, thanks @HOOT44. Now that I understand what we are talking about I can appreciate all the points you make, especially about the ability to selectively purge the history.

I would like to add to your suggestion. I'd like the tool to record both Metric and Imperial times. This would allow us to communicate better. If I say to you that my car does the standing quarter mile in 12.3456 seconds, I'd like you to be able to look into your history and compare your car's standing quarter time you did last month with mine.

And vice versa.

We have different standard distances over which we measure acceleration in our two worlds. I'm imagining a system which collects both sets of times, yet presents in only the user's preferred units. With the opportunity to switch the display at will (without changing the user preference).

This thread sent me off to buy the GT5 DLC. I like it very much, thanks @HOOT44. Now that I understand what we are talking about I can appreciate all the points you make, especially about the ability to selectively purge the history.

I would like to add to your suggestion. I'd like the tool to record both Metric and Imperial times. This would allow us to communicate better. If I say to you that my car does the standing quarter mile in 12.3456 seconds, I'd like you to be able to look into your history and compare your car's standing quarter time you did last month with mine.

And vice versa.

We have different standard distances over which we measure acceleration in our two worlds. I'm imagining a system which collects both sets of times, yet presents in only the user's preferred units. With the opportunity to switch the display at will (without changing the user preference).
Yeah, both units was what I was proposing but I awfully said it :)

The quarter mile is 404m I think, 0-400m standing start is a popular accelerating measure here too.

Do a Test Drive or a Time Trial in Arcade Mode, then select Special Stage Route X. Done.

This might be extended to include brake distance testing, with times taken, from various speeds.

Another thought is to include a skid pad to measure sideways Gs at various radii in both Imperial and Metric measures.

And maybe slalom?

On gt5 i have to pay for DLC with this feature (with big oval too). and was one of my five car tests for max speed of a car.
I'was very hungry when i see that on gt6 they deleted this feature.

I really don't get why they didn't add this feature to GT6.....not even in an update over a year after release.
But i've still hopes for it in a possible Spec 2 Update.

Back