Speed Vision: Year In Racing.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kent
  • 13 comments
  • 859 views

Kent

Retired
Staff Emeritus
Messages
8,191
United States
Southern Louisiana
Messages
GTP_Kent
I thought everyone here would like a heads up on this one...

Everyone here likes racing, right?

Well speed vision is, and most likely will be airing the show "year in racing" several times over the next few days before the year's end.

I've managed to catch it quite a bit today (the 26th) and I must say... :dopey: It is nice. Tons of GT racing from america. So expect the speed vision gt cup, the trans am circuits, the alms and about 5 other racing series. (including stuff like daytona prototype racing.)

Im not too sure about the foreign racing content, but none the less, the racing in the show is all highlights, and its all some great racing. (Im not sure, but I think it might only be "gt-ish" racing.)

Anyway, please try to check in with "speed" to see if your gonna be able to catch the show. Ive enjoyed it since I don't keep up with racing throughout the year. With a nice highlight show Im getting a full year's fix of the races... maybe you will too. :D

Later.

Edit:
I've just realized that there are several shows airing (under "year in racing" ) and each of the shows are hosted and dedicated to people of one specific type of racing.


Right now it's a show for midget car racing :lol:

So keep an eye out for your favorite type of racing. :p Later.
 
Thanks Kent, I have been a longtime Speed TV follower, but still feel they need to air less Nascar!

This year's review should be interesting. We lost many racers and had bew born racers this year. It has been filled with tears and joy. The bitterness of defeat and triumph of victory.

I can't wait until next year :D
 
I like how people still call it Speedvision. :D (We only wish it was)
 
Originally posted by Sleek Stratos
I like how people still call it Speedvision. :D (We only wish it was)
I agree, but Speed TV lost the right to be called speedvision.
 
Speed TV has lost the right to everything. As much as I live for motorsports I still wish that channel the worst.
 
Speed TV? I thought it was Speed Channel? Did they loose that, too?

I wish they would get rid of all the amature "NASCAR" racing, and the "dirt" track cars. It is the most boring thing they have, and they run that crap at least 5 hours a day, every day.

They don't show enough F1, British Touring Car, Le Mans, American Le Mans, JGTC, European Touring Car, Australian Super Car, Trans AM and Grand Am racing events. There is a buch of more I don't remembe the name of, too. It's to bad NASCAR is so popular with today's idiots.
 
quit complaining

at least you HAVE speed tv. we have nothing like that in australia
 
I watched several hours of the SCCA Runoffs, which were aired in entirety on Christmas day. That's my kind of racing - real cars, from stock to modified, yes, but real cars nonetheless. I really don't like silhouette cars very much at all, and F1 leaves me cold.
 
Those SCCA cars could really put on a show
Neon, did you see that one with the 2 Celicas getting by a 350Z, then when one of the Celicas rammed into the other the Z came strolling by to take the checkers? That was about the funniest thing I've seen in racing yet. :lol:
 
Originally posted by Solid Lifters
It's to bad NASCAR is so popular with today's idiots.

ha. i just did an assignment on rednecks and i figured out that they ARE the nascar fans, the TODAYS IDIOTS. im sure if i had speedtv i would wish for less nascar and more touring cars and espiceally more open wheelers
 
How bout that Speed Racer marathon? Woo!
 
Originally posted by Sleek Stratos
Those SCCA cars could really put on a show
Neon, did you see that one with the 2 Celicas getting by a 350Z, then when one of the Celicas rammed into the other the Z came strolling by to take the checkers? That was about the funniest thing I've seen in racing yet. :lol:
Yeah, I did! That guy got the surprise bonus of the year. "Well, you were gonna podium anyway, but guess what! You're the new champion!" I could almost picture him thinking "Holy crap! It's mine!" as he stomped the gas...
 
I caught some of one of these Year In Racing episodes a few days ago. Pretty cool stuff.
 
Back