• 26 comments

why_spyder

Z.Spec GT Tuning
Premium
United States
Sioux City, IA
why_spyder
6317375672_95e19fb6a0_b.jpg

Welcome to SpeedSliders - a drift team based around the use of Sport tires. While many teams are about being competitive, this team is more about enjoying drifting.

There is no mandatory meets, name changes, car choice, or team colors. I've got a life outside of GT5 as many others do too so I don't expect members to make every meet - it isn't realistic. Drift together when you can - have fun and be respectful towards others. Those that are rude or obnoxious will be removed from the team.

Having a mic would be nice but not a must. The use of non-Sport tires when drifting together is fine, just be mindful of the difference in drift speed.

PM me or add me to PSN if you are interested in joining.

Welcome and I would say goodluck from drop5 but with sport tires doesn't look like there will be much competitions in your future.

spank_ur_mom
Welcome and I would say goodluck from drop5 but with sport tires doesn't look like there will be much competitions in your future.

They can go against project d haha they run sports tires

Haha k1ng cant agree with you more:DD

i second this. i fully support trying to do something different, i'm all for it, but there is not a very high population of people who drift on sport tires, and the majority of people who drift on comfort tires of any sort (probably 90% of the GTP population) will not battle someone using sport tires due to the obvious speed advantage. I honestly just don't think this will work out for you, but who knows, maybe you will be the first of many. whatever happens good luck!👍

While many teams are about being competitive, this team is more about enjoying drifting.

Apparently this point has eluded most of you. I don't compete thus I don't care about competing. I've had plenty of fun drifting with others on whatever tire they were running just fine - just seeing if others with similar tires would like to form a team around a common interest.... err.. installed part.

If you are only interested in mocking, why bother posting? I'm well aware of competition rules and regulations... but this team isn't based on competing.:dunce:

why_spyder
Apparently this point has eluded most of you. I don't compete thus I don't care about competing. I've had plenty of fun drifting with others on whatever tire they were running just fine - just seeing if others with similar tires would like to form a team around a common interest.... err.. installed part.

If you are only interested in mocking, why bother posting? I'm well aware of competition rules and regulations... but this team isn't based on competing.:dunce:

Hows the tandeming? With the pas tires

Dude, don't be silly, people that use sports tires to drift don't even know what the word tandem means :sly:

Of course we do - it's pushing the Comfort-users out of the way while going around corners...:sly:

No, seriously, tandeming with Sports against Sports isn't too bad from the little bit of play time I get (avg. of one night a weekend) - but against Comforts it really doesn't happen. I'm one of the few that will just cruise behind Comfort-users rather than push them out of the way.

I've built a Comfort Hard drifter and didn't like the feeling of it - so I've stayed with the stickier Sport Softs...

I wish you the best of luck. I prefer the speed of sports, but like having to actually manipulate the car more on comforts.

I use sport hards on my track cars. You wont be doing any drifting with any car under 500 hp

I use sport hards on my track cars. You wont be doing any drifting with any car under 500 hp

Not exactly true spank. If you are smart about it and dont remove weight. It drift's quiet well under 500hp. But yet again im not for a sports tire team. i'm usually the guy that gets knocked off the track by them and lose my head on the mic lol. But good luck with the team anyways. Let us know when you get a speed drift vid up. I'd like to see yalls tandeming.

Good luck Spider!!

Don't worry about what everyone else is saying... If you guys are having a good time - that's all that matters! 👍

6317375672_95e19fb6a0_b.jpg

Welcome to SpeedSliders - a drift team based around the use of Sport tires. While many teams are about being competitive, this team is more about enjoying drifting.

There is no mandatory meets, name changes, car choice, or team colors. I've got a life outside of GT5 as many others do too so I don't expect members to make every meet - it isn't realistic. Drift together when you can - have fun and be respectful towards others. Those that are rude or obnoxious will be removed from the team.

Having a mic would be nice but not a must. The use of non-Sport tires when drifting together is fine, just be mindful of the difference in drift speed.

PM me or add me to PSN if you are interested in joining.

Why sports tyres? Comfort hard are the fashion in GT5 drifting these days ;)

lol why use sports tyres? they wear out more quickly than comfort tyres. Plus they are harder to get the drift going with.

Most drift rooms I go in don't have tire wear, and I don't have any issues getting a drift going. I like the added speed of sports as well. Just personal preference.

I'll be online a good portion of the day if anyone wants to drift with me.

All you people sitting here crying about Sport tires, get over it. If you dont like what you see, then simply DONT POST. Your just making GTP look bad...... 👎 Anyway, good luck from Team BURST!

Back