Spend 1 Mil on a Rally car and it doesn't come with Dirt/Snow Tires what Gives?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rayster
  • 18 comments
  • 2,161 views
Messages
81
Another one of those what the hell moments with PD's decisions on equipments on cars when purchased from the start. This is ridiculous, I save 1 mil CR just to buy a rally car that can't go rallying off the bat because it doesn't include any dirt or snow tires. I believe after spending that much on a car made for off-road that it would at least come with a cheap set of 3k dirt tires and 3k snow tires so I can immediately go rallying with it. Who else thinks it was stupid on PD's part to not include those tires installed off the bat from the start for rally cars?
 
yeah i bought the suzuki and i was surprised it had no dirt/snow tires, haha.
 
So you can rally on Tarmac? If you spent a mill on a car you can afford 3k for some tires.
 
You bought the asphalt rally version:sly:
 
Wasn't it always like that though?
 
Another one of those what the hell moments with PD's decisions on equipments on cars when purchased from the start. This is ridiculous, I save 1 mil CR just to buy a rally car that can't go rallying off the bat because it doesn't include any dirt or snow tires. I believe after spending that much on a car made for off-road that it would at least come with a cheap set of 3k dirt tires and 3k snow tires so I can immediately go rallying with it. Who else thinks it was stupid on PD's part to not include those tires installed off the bat from the start for rally cars?

Did you read the fine print when you bought the car? LOL
 
I brought a rally car to compete in the World Rally Championship not some GT500 race. Isn't it common sense that all the real rally cars should at least come equipped with the dirt and snow tires from the start. What if the GTR came equipped from the start with only dirt and snow tires and no other tires? Forcing you to go buy tarmac tires just to use it for what's it intended for, tarmac domination.
 
Odd, but I think it must've been done.
All cars come with road tires, all of them. So instead of buying road tires, they just make you buy dirt tires
 
What annoyed me was buying a FWD racecar ('80-whatever Honda Civic) thinking I could modify it and add snow tires for the entry level GT Rally. Only to find out that it can't use dirt/snow tires because it's a track car.

It's a car, just like every other in the game! The tuning shop offers everything you need and more to turn it into something that could rally. 👎
 
GT4 was like that also... For some strange reason, GT1, 2, and 3 did include dirt tires for their rally cars, I believe.
 
This made me laugh but I do agree with the op. Too be fair though the dirt and snow tyres don't cost much more so it's not a big deal if they cost as much as the racing softs then it would be.
 
I brought a rally car to compete in the World Rally Championship not some GT500 race...What if the GTR came equipped from the start with only dirt and snow tires and no other tires?
A bit silly that...

The rally championships have three styles each, dirt, snow and road - you are equipped for one from the moment you bought it. Okay, in fairness it is a bit cheap but as has been pointed out, this is the way it's been for some time now.
 
Another one of those what the hell moments with PD's decisions on equipments on cars when purchased from the start. This is ridiculous, I save 1 mil CR just to buy a rally car that can't go rallying off the bat because it doesn't include any dirt or snow tires. I believe after spending that much on a car made for off-road that it would at least come with a cheap set of 3k dirt tires and 3k snow tires so I can immediately go rallying with it. Who else thinks it was stupid on PD's part to not include those tires installed off the bat from the start for rally cars?

Spend a million, and you whine about 6000. You are the kind of person that whines and complains and wants a discount on something because it looked funny at you right?
 
The tire thing doesn't bother me as much as spending money on a 4WD rally car that drives on dirt like a 2WD FR.
 
I found it funny Loeb's rally car didnt have snow tires or dirt tires with it even know i just been racing his car in snow and dirt to win it 💡
 
Spend a million, and you whine about 6000. You are the kind of person that whines and complains and wants a discount on something because it looked funny at you right?

Money is not the problem, it's the concept that a rally car should be well equipped from the start to be the jack of all trades on the road. Not just a tarmac queen.
 
Only Racing : soft cost $$$ much... every other tyre cost is like to buy a soda can.

PS. yes it is kind a stupid!
 
Back