Spicy's General Tunes (Current: 2013 Dodge SRT Viper)

United States
United States
spicychicken770
First off, a couple of things:
-I will not provide for any other type of racing other than normal racing. Drift, Drag, and Rally set-ups are not too likely.
-I'm probably nowhere near the best at this. I'm just a guy who wants to try to help everyone to the best of his ability.
-I try my hardest to provide atleast decent tunes for cars ONLY if I can't find it in the tune directory.
-Most of my tunes are based off other tunes from other people on the racecar version of the current car or its predecessor, or vice versa. This means that if I can't get to a car somebody wants or can't think of something remotely related to it, you know how to get to the conclusion.
-I only have a controller with NO pressure sensitive buttons whatsoever. This means I cannot be as sensitive with my driving as people with better controllers and steering wheels.
-Last but not least, criticism is highly encouraged. It helps me become a better tuner, and helps everyone else (and me) to getting a better car that can help them drive better. This is a complete win-win. However, just going the thread, looking at a tune, and telling me it sucks with no real points about why is unhelpful and rude.
-To save time and space, I type the set-up for the front and rear of something as a ratio like this: Front:Rear.

My First tune is a Dodge Viper '13. The tune is based off of Fieldstar's Team Oreca Dodge Viper tune from GT4, which he says was tested on Nürburgring Nordschleife. You can see it here: http://www.gtvault.com/gt4/setup-view/s_sid::8695/Dodge-Viper-GTS-R-Team-Oreca-Race-Car/

Some notes, before we get started on the tune itself:

-PP is 666, 959 Hp, and 1,245 KG. Wieght distribution is 50/50.
-I used the launch edition because it seems to have thicker stripes, preforms the same as the other 2013 Dodge Viper, and only costs 10,000 more credits. I doubt it will cause any differences between the cars.
-I painted it Rouge de Mars simply because it was the brightest shade of red I could put on it and still get white stripes. I presume that if you use Viper Red from the older model Viper, it may come up with white stripes. I'm not 100% though.
-The custom spoilers are butt-ugly, in my honest opinion, and the normal ones are tiny. So make your choice.
-Everything was maxed out, except engine tuning, which was at stage 2.

Tires:

-RS:RS
Suspension:
-Height is 85:85
-Spring Rate is 13.5:13.5
-Damper Compression is 4:5
-Damper Extension is 5:6
-Anti-roll Bars are 6:6
-Camber is 2:1
-Toe is -.10:+.35
-Brakes are 5:5
Transmission:
-I actually left it at the set-up I got when I bought the Fully Customizable Transmission. This put me at 3.550.
Differential:
-
Initial Torque is at 5
-Acceleration Sensitivity is at 20
-Brake sensitivity was at 10
Power:
-%99.1 of the original power
Body:
-Downforce is at 0:20
Aids:
-Traction Control and Anti-lock Braking System both were at 1. Everything else was off.

Moment of truth:
I tested at Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit. The first lap wasn't too well, but it wasn't necessarily horrendous. I pushed the car a bit hard, and so I felt like it didn't grip or brake well enough. I calmed down my driving a bit, though, and it did wonders. I shaved off a whole four seconds on my second lap ever driving it. Just let off the gas a bit before braking, and don't touch the gas until you're near the exit, and you should be fine. I did a 1:53.1, exactly, and I feel like it's a pretty fine lap time for me, considering that I run something like that in my GT500 Toyota Supra and this was only on try 2. It felt civilized and under control, especially considering that it's a 950+ horsepower beast that weighs ~1,250 KG and has almost no downforce whatsoever.

Last edited:
Back