Spider-Man: Into the Spider-VerseMovies 

• Thread starter Populuxe
  • 2 comments

Populuxe

シアトル買い出し紀行
Premium
United States
Seattle-ish
On New Year's Day, my best friend and I made it a three movie day at the theater. Timed it so there were 60-90 breaks between each movie. Saw Ralph Breaks the Internet, Aquaman, and this.

I'm glad we saved this movie for last. It was the best of the three. Of all the movies I saw in 2018 (okay, technically I saw it in 2019), this was the best. Not just the best super-hero movie, but the best movie. First, the story was brilliant, focusing on Miles Morales. Second we get so many other great Spider-characters from the vast Spider-Verse, including Gwen Stacy/Spider-Woman/Spider-Gwen from Earth-65, Spider-Man Noir, a completely animed up Peni Parker in a giant robot, an over the hill Peter B. Parker, and Spider-Ham, a spider that was bit by a radioactive pig.

They are battling Wilson Fisk, aka the Kingpin, who has opened all these portals to different universes for his own purposes. Kingpin is brilliantly voiced by Liev Schreiber. Everyone in this film is well cast. And the animation is incredible. Trust me, you've never seen a movie like this. It's 3D CGI but is then animated over by hand, giving it the feel of a comic book come to life.

I'm going back to see it, it's that good.

Back