Spinning out with formula c

• Thread starter Ecghteow
  • 10 comments
Germany
Germany
So I managed to get to the european formula c in career and have now hit a wall. No matter what I do and try, i just keep spinning out. I tryed different approaches and setups but to no avail. To make matters worse, the ai cars seem to be zipping by me while I try to somehow get the car through the turn. So is there some sort of wierd catch to these cars that I am just not seeing?

So I managed to get to the european formula c in career and have now hit a wall. No matter what I do and try, i just keep spinning out. I tryed different approaches and setups but to no avail. To make matters worse, the ai cars seem to be zipping by me while I try to somehow get the car through the turn. So is there some sort of wierd catch to these cars that I am just not seeing?

Which wheel/gamepad device are you using? What are your settings for it? Maybe the problem is there instead of the setups.
I play PC2 with gamepad and I have no problem with Formula C cars, they are the easiest to control in my experience after the Formula Rookie.

Which wheel/gamepad device are you using? What are your settings for it? Maybe the problem is there instead of the setups.
I play PC2 with gamepad and I have no problem with Formula C cars, they are the easiest to control in my experience after the Formula Rookie.
I use a t300 with f1 addon and the t3pa pedals. Strangely enough, formula rookie is quite drivable for me.

The culprit in this class are the slicks. Use "sports" tyres on cold tarmac, and slicks on hot (30º above). Increase rear camber to increase understeer too, as well as trying zero toe-in instead of 1- and -2.

Brake bias a bit to the front, and reduce rear rideheight by three clicks or so. Go 4 cltuches with this car instead of six.

You can also try the stable setup for this car regardless you're on a wheel, and see if it works combined wiht the sport tyres anytime tarmac ain't above 30ºC.

Last edited:
What are your tire temps? Are you doing events in cold temps? I find I have to tiptoe around until my tires are well into the green.

Are you using any aids?

And, AI strength is vastly inconsistent for Group to Group, and track to track. Your experience against them in Formula Rookie or other events has basically zero to do with them in anything else. Yes, practice and work on tunes until you don't spin (practice races in Custom Event will start you on hot tires, so you can quickly test driving style and braking and tuning setups without those first few tiptoe laps), but once you have the basics dialed in, it's unlikely that your AI setting will remain the same from the Formula Rookie Events.

EDIT... treed! Fernandito's comments about tires will help as well. Forgot about the Sports in the cold.

I also find increasing the engine braking value helps a lot too, try it on maximum (10?) and work down from there and it should help to prevent it turning in too much off throttle.

Thank you very much guys. I´ll try what you suggested.
As for aids, I think I set them to realistic, though I´d have to check.

And don't forget to turn the AI engine audio down if you want to hear your own car lol
yeah man I have noticed ai engine sounds are louder than yours in FC too heheh. That might be a problem when shifting in race starts.

Search for Sloppy Shades stable tunes.

He saved the game for me with his set ups. I also added a few tweaks from fernandito

I now love the formula c car

Latest Posts

Back