Spoiler disappeared in Buggatti!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Biggbaddwolf
  • 5 comments
  • 987 views
Messages
79
United States
Missouri
Messages
biggbaddwolf
Has anyone noticed the spoiler has disappeared in the Bugatti, or is it just me..I am talking in interior view when looking back. I could see it pop up at a certain speed, and then you go a little faster, and it comes back down. Maybe it was deleted to help save game data..I don't know, but that is the only one I have noticed that has disappeared..Anyway maybe you don't even care..but just thought I would throw up a post just in case. :)
 
Bugatti.com
To create the optimum aerodynamics, the Bugatti engineers developed three configuration modes. In standard mode, used for speeds up to 220 km/h, the rear spoiler system is completely retracted. In handling mode, used at higher velocities, the vehicles nose is pulled down and the monumental rear spoiler deployed. This produces an additional 350 kg of downforce without compromising the Veyron’s exceptional turn dynamics. And then there is the top speed mode for velocities beyond 375 km/h, which is activated before the engine is started. At top speed mode the front diffuser flaps are shut to make the underbody absolutely level, and the spoiler is completely aligned with the chassis, forming a tearing edge – thus, the Veyron is perfectly adapted for top velocities. The downforce is reduced to minimize the strain on the tires, which is already considerable. The car is held down on the road by its own weight and the downforce. The Veyron starts immediately at top speed mode, allowing only for a limited turn of the steering wheel. As soon as the driver brakes, the Veyron automatically switches to handling mode. But those who dare to accelerate consistently on a long, straight road will experience the power of the fastest production vehicle of all times.
Source: Bugatti.com
 
In simple terms.
Spoiler is down, you get speed, at 210 KMH, spoiler goes up.
when you reach 371KMH spoiler goes to stage 2, enough downforce to keep grip but to reach 400KMH and create good airodynamics.
Stage 3 is the braking, spoiler comes up, or is up and flips to disrupt airodynamic as much as possible.

Stage 1 and 2 of the spoilers in screenshots.
I created an album, so klick first shot, and in the new window, you can proceed by klicking the "NEXT IMAGE" button.


SEE!!, the spoilers is not 100% down or gone, you only think it is.
I always play like this.

Made this a few minutes ago.
And removing the spoiler to save data, naaaah, 3d data of the spoiler is maybe a few KB, maybe 1 MB and then i'm very kind to PolyPhony.
 
Last edited:
Yes I can see it in the view, what I am talking about is in INTERIOR view, and looking back. I could used to see it coming up etc..but no longer can. In interior view only
 
Glitch? because in replay you can see it, so it is there, even in cockpitview the game has renderd and calculated the spoiler, just not visible?

Wait i test that, hmm, just tested on sarthe without the chikanes.
Nope no glitch, it isn't displayed in cockpit view at all.
So you will never ever see it in cockpitview with this version (1.10) of GT6.
Not so real simulator then.
 
Back