Spongeinside’s Renault Twingo II ‘08

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Spongeinside
I’ll use this thread to post about my car in more detail and keep anyone interested updated on it :)

This is actually my first ever car :) Bought exactly a week ago. It is a 2008 Renault Twingo II 1.2 ‘Dynamique’ with all of 58hp(43kw). A (theoretical) topspeed of 154km/h and 0 to 100km/h in about 15sec. It’s completely stock as far as I know besides the (I think) 15” Borbet alloy wheels and iirc the “racing stripes” although original Renault, were put on by a previous owner.

IMG_9175.jpeg

I’m probably going to leave it stock mechanically besides maybe some tiny things here and there. But I am going to do some external things to it, the stickers that are on it now are quit old and worn, so they’ll be replaced with something new, plus the front of the car, where the license plate is, will be covered with ‘carbon look’ vinyl, just to give it a bit more of a ‘racing’ look :) It has very little power, so it needs all the help it can to at least look fast :P

I have a AC mod of a Twingo, which I used to make this concept. Although this isn’t exactly the same spec, it’s pretty much the same model.

What I’m planning on how I’d like my car to look in the near future.

IMG_9123.jpeg

I’ve ordered the two stripes, so they’re on their way, they probably won’t be exactly the same shades of blue though.Yesterday I picked up some ‘carbon look’ vinyl, so that’s ready to put on when some day the weather is dry for long enough to get it done…

Thanks! :) It is really nice to drive indeed, although mine doesn’t really have much power, it’s still really fun. So far the only ‘bad’ thing is driving it around here through the neighborhood, all the big speeds bumps, the cars short wheelbase really doesn’t like those…

The previous owner did indeed have a good taste in wheels :) They really give it a bit more of a sporty look, it really needs it to compensate for the lack of power…

You’ve excellent taste, I’ve not long finished tidying this wee RS Gordini.

I’ve cars with three times the power of this but the wee “Gordingo” always feels the most fun to drive!

Attachments

• IMG_1618.jpeg
    IMG_1618.jpeg
    255.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Thanks! That Gordini looks beautiful!

At first I was looking for a 1st gen Twingo, but I’m glad I went with a 2nd gen. It looks a lot more sporty and modern… and well… manly haha… Every time I was out with my moms Twingo, I got instant comments like “oh is that your moms/girlfriends/grandma’s car?”..

This morning the stripes were delivered! So this afternoon I went to work removing the old crusty stickers so the new ones could go on… This is something I will (hopefully) never ever have to do again… I think I spend about 5 hours just to get the old crap off… applying the new stickers was relatively easy, just making sure they went on straight-ish and with as little as possible air bubbles… From a distance it looks perfect, up close not so much, but it was done to the best of my abilities :) and I’m very pleased with the result! It may not be ultra perfect, but it’s waaaaaayyy better than the old crusty stickers.

D2CA70D5-6E07-48BB-8EDD-90CBB5AF3F99.jpeg

Oh there are also ‘86’ stickers on the rear side windows of course…. Because racecar… 😋

Last edited:
Back