Sponsership

• Thread starter paddworth
  • 27 comments
SPONSERSHIP

Is sponsership something you want, do you want a team backing you.

You see, not many real drivers own their own cars. They all have teams backing them. Also Tuning companies will sponser you for a race using their equipment and if you put up their symbol on your car. Also a team you race for would be good, then loosing wouldnt be so bad.

Also someone start a thread about the way in forza you have classes, and if ur car is too fast it moves up a class

I was thinking about sponsorships.
You could get a sponsorship and have to keep a certian win ratio in order to keep it.
You could get money, decals or equipment for your car.
Also it would be cool if once you get good enough you could sponsor other people like "B-spec Bob".

OH YEAH! I want anything in the real racing world to be in this game, this would be a good start. Course, let's face it this aint a street racing game.

nd 4 holden spd
OH YEAH! I want anything in the real racing world to be in this game, this would be a good start. Course, let's face it this aint a street racing game.

Hiya! :D :embarrassed: :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Yep yep! :embarrassed: 👍 There should be no neon light kits and spinners also! :grumpy:

Sounds fun. They should also bring back that race modification(stage 3 weight reduction?) to go along with it.

Sponsorship should affect prize money and etc.

There should be a circuit of circuits, each with different poolings of money and stuff for chronologically set and cycled times. It would also be cool to have some kind of thing where you can meet rivals and stuff and you guys can compete together and progress through the cars. It'd sort of bring a racing community aspect to the game. The two of you could buy cars together or with multiple people, and progress from there. and you'd be able to do it however many times with as many cars as you'd like. All of you'd compete in the same class and the same series and etc.

I think a corporate and communal aspect to the game would bring incredible amounts of new life to the game.

a6m5
Sounds fun. They should also bring back that race modification(stage 3 weight reduction?) to go along with it.

Yeah, now we've got more cars the race modification back would be cool, making your own race car..... :dopey:

paddworth
SPONSERSHIP

Is sponsership something you want, do you want a team backing you.

You see, not many real drivers own their own cars. They all have teams backing them. Also Tuning companies will sponser you for a race using their equipment and if you put up their symbol on your car. Also a team you race for would be good, then loosing wouldnt be so bad.

Also someone start a thread about the way in forza you have classes, and if ur car is too fast it moves up a class
I think GT should keep the you buy the carand you own it idea because you also choose where to race it and suce, GT is more of a mananger and racer game, but lacking with the manager options. I view it more, that you own the team and you drive for them like some team owners do. Sponsors would be good, when you do well with a certain car you'll get approched by companies offering you an extra 2k per win if you put their logo on the car ect. Thery could play around with this for some sponsors though so if you get sponsored by HKS for example you might get half price parts but you have to win so many races first.

I think you should also be able to get some free cars from your sponsership after winning a certain amount of races with their logo on your car. :embarrassed: Like Nismo will give you a Nissan Skyline R34 Z-Tune! :embarrassed: 👍

That'd be some reward, ood idea though, if you re-resent the sponsors well by winning 9 or 10 out of 10 races they reward you more for it.

live4speed
That'd be some reward, ood idea though, if you re-resent the sponsors well by winning 9 or 10 out of 10 races they reward you more for it.

Now what if you were to lose many races while being sponsored? Would the sponsor pull itself away from you? :odd: It could be a possibility right? :embarrassed:

McLaren'sAngel

Now what if you were to lose many races while being sponsored? Would the sponsor pull itself away from you? :odd: It could be a possibility right? :embarrassed:
Yeah, yocould have bigger companies offering you more cash and better things for being your sponsor, but the higher the cash the higher your win per race ratico or average position has to be ect.

There should be sponsorship in there, but as an option. If you wanted to get sponsors, you should have to be able to pass an advanced version of a license. Something like A+ or IA+ would fit me fine. ;)

Why? You don't get asked to pass a license test for sponsors in rela life, you just have to be in a certain series or be acheiving a certain level.

I'd like it to be as realistic as GTR, certainly, I want it to keep it's you decide what you want and where to race it formula GT has always had. I'd like it to become a racing simulation, the racing has been the series weakness so far. I'm not overly bothered about owning every car if I can't enjoy racing them and thats why GT4 ha spen the last 3 months on the same game complete percentage. However this topic of sponsorship is split down the middle, theres the one side where it should just be sponsors asking to put their logo on your car and giving you a bit more cash per race win, and then ideas like they hire you to race for them, thats too much like ToCA the first idea is an improvment if it was to be combined with a paint shop.

GT5 should not be a professional race sim. Right now, it is the only game that simulates anything like old-fashioned racing before it was corporatized: a run-whatcha-brung experience where you buy a car, tune it, and race it. Ever seen an old stock car? Their only race decals are numbers. That is it. No sponsors, no bull. You pay for the car and the maintenance, race, and pocket the prize money. Take away this aspect of GT, and you're left with just another professional-racing game. The lack of sponsorship and corporateness is what makes GT special.

Woolie Wool
GT5 should not be a professional race sim. Right now, it is the only game that simulates anything like old-fashioned racing before it was corporatized: a run-whatcha-brung experience where you buy a car, tune it, and race it. Ever seen an old stock car? Their only race decals are numbers. That is it. No sponsors, no bull. You pay for the car and the maintenance, race, and pocket the prize money. Take away this aspect of GT, and you're left with just another professional-racing game. The lack of sponsorship and corporateness is what makes GT special.

I would disagree with you. GT5 should step up and go "The Real Racing Simulator." I don't even see how GT can stick with "The Real Driving Simulator" if we are mostly racing these cars around the tracks. The "driving" in GT is too weak now that GT have big competition from Forza. It is time for GT to compete with what is going to be popular in the future of racing games.

GT have stayed pretty much the same for too long and now its time for them to change this time with the next generations of consoles. Sponsors should be what you will be offered when you achieve a certain level of racing skills. If you don't want the sponsors, then refuse it. Sponsors should be placed in because they have something to do with racing on tracks! :embarrassed:

We can't have GT stay the same way anymore! I see them losing market share later in the future if they don't have things like sponsors and other things that other racing games will have.

GT don't need this "The Real Driving Simulator" anymore...They need "The Real Racing Simulator". Just imagine how some curious new racer might want to try the next GT or Forza.

GT: The REAL Driving Simulator *looks at the back of the box*
1000+ cars, 50+ tracks, Photo Mode *THATS ALL*

Forza MotorSPORT! *looks at the back of the box*
500+ cars, 50+ tracks, Camera Mode, SPONSORS

You can see how some new people can respond to looking at this. They would probably pick Forza because it looks and sounds more exciting than GT. GT in my opinion is losing some people because of the other racing games that are out. It is because GT refuses to really change to compete with other racing games.

Just my big 2 cents! 👍

Sponsors is a BIG yes from me! :embarrassed: It is good for us and will help PD get more profit.

*I totally went overboard I think*....

I cringe at the thought of a corporate logo on my car.I don't mind the sponsors already appearing on the full-race cars, but I don't like the idea of a corporation branding my favorite production car with a huge name on the side.

Then don't put one on, simple as that. Look at Forza, no-one makes you paint the car in fancy ways and add sponsors logo's to it, it's upto you. The original 2 GT games had you turn your road car into a full blown race car, with Sponsors, don't you remeber that. GT3 and 4 have taken a step back in that area, and people want the bodykits and sponsors back. Only this time, let us choose our paint job. If you just want an all red Mustang with a large black number 5 on the side, fine, no one will stop you, but I might want one sponsored by Mayfair magazine. If thats too much for you to handle I think you need to look into what the GT series is all about. It's about the cars and the motorsport, Kaz's vision is to include as many cars and as many forms of motorsport as possible, GT is a racing game and if GT5 turns out to be GT4 with better graphics and less car again, I'm not paying for it, and I know plenty of others who feel the same. GT covers motorpsort, motorpsort includes things not yet included in GT that should be and possibly will be.

live4speed
Then don't put one on, simple as that. Look at Forza, no-one makes you paint the car in fancy ways and add sponsors logo's to it, it's upto you. The original 2 GT games had you turn your road car into a full blown race car, with Sponsors, don't you remeber that. GT3 and 4 have taken a step back in that area, and people want the bodykits and sponsors back. Only this time, let us choose our paint job. If you just want an all red Mustang with a large black number 5 on the side, fine, no one will stop you, but I might want one sponsored by Mayfair magazine. If thats too much for you to handle I think you need to look into what the GT series is all about. It's about the cars and the motorsport, Kaz's vision is to include as many cars and as many forms of motorsport as possible, GT is a racing game and if GT5 turns out to be GT4 with better graphics and less car again, I'm not paying for it, and I know plenty of others who feel the same. GT covers motorpsort, motorpsort includes things not yet included in GT that should be and possibly will be.

Amen! :embarrassed: 👍

live4speed
Turning your GTS-R into a Calsonic Skyline with Race Modificaiton is one thing, being paid by Calsonic to race in a Calsonic team with a Calsonic car is quite another (esoecially since if there is sponsorship, the game might make you use it).

And I never said that, I said being paid to put the Calsonic logo on your car, you still buy and own the car, you still choose where to race it, you just have that logo on the car. Sponsorship is very different from being hired, the Calsonic Skyline isn't a team run by Calsonic, Calson are the team sponsors, thats all. It's like the Playstation Pescarolo, Playstation don't own the car or the team, they just pay the team to have Playstation in the name and on the car.

Several of us began discussing some ideas for how Gran Turismo could expand, and an idea that a few of us came up with independently was the concept for a whole new mode of play, where you race in a career. This doesn't have to affect the typica GT game of the past, as it can work alongside Arcade and Gran Turismo mode, and you can choose to participate in it or not.

Career Mode in my vision of it would take you as a hobbyist driver with a car that you bought and modified with a basic starting budget, entering races in something like the SCCA, an enthusiast non-professional league, but organized much like the enthusiast leagues around the world. There would be a calendar, scheduled races, a roster of drivers with individually coded AI and racing skills/traits, weather, time of day, seasons, the whole reality thing. Wins in the enthusiast circuits gets you some prize money and recognition, which translates into a selection of sponsors willing to back you and fund your racing activities. So just as in GT Mode you race for money and prize cars, you race in Career Mode for prize money and sponsors. Better racing gets you better sponsors with a bigger racing budget and bonuses. And there would HAVE to be a paint shop to give you your own personalized paint scheme and car number. Polyphony could provide a library of paint jobs to choose from, and should be able to provide us a certain level of customization, or even give us something like a basic Photoshop to allow us to design our own from scratch or templates.

Winning the championship of the enthusiast/semi-pro league provides a springboard into the world of pro racing, where a team either hires you or you take your budget and sponsors and create a team of your own, with cars, garage and team of mechanics and engineers. And you choose a career in a class of racing, like Rally, Touring Car, (CART) or Formula 1. NASCAR, what's that? :sly:

And you would carry on like before, participating in the race calendar for that year, trying your best to win races or place near the top, to win the championship of your chosen field. Trying to sign contracts with prime big budget sponsors would add a nice touch. But it doesn't have to stop after a year. You should be able to keep racing until you decide to quit, racking up championships at the end of every year. Or you could switch careers and go to another class of racing. With downloadable content like new cars and tracks, you wouldn't be faced with the same old tracks and same old races every year. Or racers, as Polyphony could also provide a new crop of racers with their uniquely coded AI, giving us a completely new racing experience when we want to spice up the variety. I have a feeling that I'd want revenge on a few virtual rivals though.

Along with that, if you wouldn't want to start at the very bottom but get right into a year's worth of racing, there could be Season Mode, where you pick a career and start with a car and team and race for a season for the championship.

But my dream is to see some version of Career Mode in GT5. I've been trying to "evangelize" this to people, and so far everyone loves the idea, except for the people here who don't want to mess with the established GT formula. But I agree that GT should expand to encompass every aspect of racing, including doing what real life race car drivers do, and turn it into a lifelong adventure.

I'd be happy to see sponsorship making an apperance in the game, but only during racing leagues where you drive racing cars, not road cars. When you enter a long race series (ie Yaris cup) you get offers from sponsors, they provide some cash, you win some races. If your a better racer, then you get more firms offering to sponsor you. At the end of the series you both go your seperate ways.

Latest Posts

Back