Sponsorship

United States
Fresno, CA, USA
SnakeEyes427
Has anyone ever heard of a Gran Turismo player who has real sponsorship contract?
And, what are your thoughts on this or those people?
I am honestly looking for a way to help support myself with the game given I can not work for health reasons.

I imagine there was some sort of sponsorship for the GT Academy winners but they haven't done one of those for a while. Fraga might be on the books seeing as he's got a seat in Super GT but I don't know for sure.

What would you be able to offer that would make them interested in sponsoring you?

I imagine there was some sort of sponsorship for the GT Academy winners but they haven't done one of those for a while. Fraga might be on the books seeing as he's got a seat in Super GT but I don't know for sure.

What would you be able to offer that would make them interested in sponsoring you?
Youtube advertising time in the form of broadcasted races and replays at a lower rate than what local TV or Radio stations would charge. Plus, worldwide viewer ship in the form of that Youtube time, the ability to share replays in game and, the shared liveries with their branding. All tax deductible as it is advertising.

At least that's my line and I'm sticking with it.

Content creators are getting income from playing GT7 (among other things), is it a path you could follow?

To get sponsors, you need visibility, and I am not sure there are enough official events to give you visibility, so you have to create your own audience.

Last edited:
Content creators are getting income from playing GT7 (among other things), is it a path you could follow?

To get sponsors, you need visibility, and I am not sure there are enough events to give you enough visibility, do you have to create your own audience.
Right now, I don't have enough watch time or subscribers to be monetized. However, my subscriber count and watch time has shot up with the GT7 content. I would speak with a potential sponsor about airing the races on their own YouTube channel. This way they can choose how much to hype it. I would handle the in game part they can not.

Forgive me but I will have to pick this up in a few hours. I just uploaded 6+ hours of replays for my own channel.
I do appreciate your input.

Youtube advertising time in the form of broadcasted races and replays at a lower rate than what local TV or Radio stations would charge. Plus, worldwide viewer ship in the form of that Youtube time, the ability to share replays in game and, the shared liveries with their branding. All tax deductible as it is advertising.

I was kinda hoping you wouldn't mention youtube, which is literally saturated with people playing GT.

Good luck with your channel, though.

You don't have the reach of any local TV or radioststation. Besides companies can advertise on YouTube directly. A channel sponsor would need hundred os thousands of views to be interesting.

If you're going down the YouTube path, you'll want to build a massive following and post loads of content to monetize your time. Finding someone to sponsor you to play a game on PlayStation and post videos on YouTube is going to be a bit of a hard ask unless you've got a massive fanbase they can see and appreciate.

If you're good enough to be in the top tiers of online racing and have invites to the official GT events you might be able to cash in on that by approaching potential sponsors and discussing that with them. But you'll have to be in the top of the top.

Good luck either way!

With 120 subscribers and an average video count in the low two digits, you're not getting any sponsorship from anyone for anything. You'd need to make your channel interesting (and different) first, to grow it at least 100-fold, and then you might be a micro-influencer in your chosen field.

GT sponsorship? Not happening. Only a handful of people have that and they aren't YouTubers; they're racing drivers. Sony/PlayStation/PD is not going to hitch its wagon to any virtual driver that readily, because GT is already big enough in the virtual world and its advertising dollars go towards building its brand in the real world.

There are some top drivers making some by coaching and giving supervised practice lessons to racing groups and leagues down here...

Well, I have news for you...

To have sponsors you must have reach to target consumers, in any circumstance.

So, you would expect someone to pay you to have a logo on your car on single player races on Sport Mode races, were there are only you and the other players paired, just because?!?

You have to monetize it in some way, on Youtube or Twitch, and yes, you have to build a respectable number of viewers/subscribers/patrons, again, you only ever be paid by the reach you can get to the product.

Top E-Racing teams can also be some source of revenue but, not also you must be a top world e-racer, added to that, GT official competitions are individual player orientated and don't allow you to put the stickers you want on the car, so again, very hard to get any money from there.

Media content creator is the only obvious way, but not an automatic solution, naturally you will need to put out great content, different to what literally thousands of other creators are doing around GT7/GT Sport, crunch great numbers on views and subscriptions to Youtube alghoritm kick off, increasing monetization and "suggest" your content.

Yes, well with 120 subscribers, you will have to grow a lot more first.
It was 101 before the Gran Valley race. That race has about 100 views as the am part. This is without trying to hype the video at all. I post the live link here only so that it may help someone decide a course of action for their race. I am handicapped by being on the west coast of the US. Practically the last time slots. Not much I can do about that.

I have had a better response on Reddit locally then here.

That is sad.

So, say what you will. I do not plan on returning to this here.

Last edited:
I am certainly not looking for a sponsorship from PD or Sony. I am realistic. A small partnership with a local business that benefits us both. That is all.
If I was a small business, a cheap ad in the local rag would be a wee bit more profitable than sponsoring a fledgling youtube channel that has nothing in common with what I'm advertising.

Have you got a plan B?

The odds that even a single one of your 100 viewers will ever be in position to make a purchase from your targeted "local business" are very remote. I don't think it'd be worth $1 of sponsorship money.

I’m not trying to be negative or crush your dreams or anything like that, but the reality of the situation is there is next to nothing (even more likely actually nothing at all) for a company or business to potentially gain from doing that. What you’ve proposed just simply isn’t a good business decision or viable advertising opportunity for them. It’s a one sided deal where you get everything and they get nothing.

Getting advertising spots on places like Spotify, YouTube (without being directly connected to or sponsoring anything or anyone which could be potential liability), AM/FM radio and a whole host of different websites etc. is already very cheap these days, even for many small scale and family owned local places, and they will easily reach 1000x and likely millions more people than via your YouTube videos. 120 viewers may seem like a big deal to you, but in terms of visibility on the internet for a company it is nothing.

Who knows though, you might find that one guy who loves GT more than a few hundred bucks that’s willing to do it just to say he did it, but knowing full well there’s no ROI there.

Has anyone ever heard of a Gran Turismo player who has real sponsorship contract?
I am honestly looking for a way to help support myself with the game given I can not work for health reasons.
Think big and follow your dreams. I streamed every 2 days for 1.5 years to hit 1K subs on YouTube. When you hit that number, you can apply for channel monetisation. You already know of the requirements needed.

I would like to preface one important point, YouTube doesn't pay much in advertising revenue at all. Roughly say, $1.20 per 1K views per stream. Videos as I recall can be slightly higher.

It's also worth noting that it's a lot of hard work, and most individual streamers, myself included, didn't get into streaming for the money. Although there are channels out there that are big enough to earn an ok ish wage on.

I'm at just over 1.5K subs, I stream part time in-between real life commitments, (work, family life etc), and I find it's a fun hobby on the side. I like to entertain, race hard and bring good content to anyone who wishes to watch.

I can tell you that the amount of work needed to make a good living from doing this is immensely difficult. You can count Gran Turismos biggest individual streamers on the palm of one hand. Did they work hard to get there? Absolutely. Do they make as much money as everyone thinks? Not really.

At around maybe 10K subs you could become attractive to a sponsor or 2. I approached one sponsor a while ago and got turned down, but that's as far as I have explored the possibility.

Even streaming YouTube, or making videos takes up a lot of time and energy. Are you prepared to stream when ill with the flu? Keep regular content going? Make sure it's the highest quality you can make? Upgrade your equipment yourself, (PS5, streaming PC, race seat, wheel etc)? These can get quite expensive and fast. I know, I went that route.

Overall, I say if you want it, go for it. But know what it involves and the sheer brute effort you'll need to make a living from it. Just pressing a go live button is easy. There's stream advertisement, community to build on top of it all. It's very difficult. Take it from me.

I think the only way to make money would be to sell accounts with certain things unlocked or acquired like every legendary car and 100 million credits. I don’t know if that’s even legal, but considering PD charges $10 per million there are going to be people who want to pay less for more and don’t want to grind or wait the 3 months for a car to appear.

120 subscribers (worldwide) <> small local business as a sponsor ?
I fail to see the interest for the sponsor, even if the 120 subscribers were from is area of work, it is a small number.

It would require a very specific selection of people to begin to be of any interest to the sponsor, like only race car enthusiasts of the area of a race parts shop.

I think the only way to make money would be to sell accounts with certain things unlocked or acquired like every legendary car and 100 million credits. I don’t know if that’s even legal, but considering PD charges $10 per million there are going to be people who want to pay less for more and don’t want to grind or wait the 3 months for a car to appear.
No, account trading is against the PSN rules (as basically on every service)

5.9. Do not share, buy, sell, rent, sub-license, trade, transfer, phish for or harvest any accounts, account details, or other account credentials.

Last edited:
Think big and follow your dreams. I streamed every 2 days for 1.5 years to hit 1K subs on YouTube. When you hit that number, you can apply for channel monetisation. You already know of the requirements needed.

I would like to preface one important point, YouTube doesn't pay much in advertising revenue at all. Roughly say, $1.20 per 1K views per stream. Videos as I recall can be slightly higher.

It's also worth noting that it's a lot of hard work, and most individual streamers, myself included, didn't get into streaming for the money. Although there are channels out there that are big enough to earn an ok ish wage on.

I'm at just over 1.5K subs, I stream part time in-between real life commitments, (work, family life etc), and I find it's a fun hobby on the side. I like to entertain, race hard and bring good content to anyone who wishes to watch.

I can tell you that the amount of work needed to make a good living from doing this is immensely difficult. You can count Gran Turismos biggest individual streamers on the palm of one hand. Did they work hard to get there? Absolutely. Do they make as much money as everyone thinks? Not really.

At around maybe 10K subs you could become attractive to a sponsor or 2. I approached one sponsor a while ago and got turned down, but that's as far as I have explored the possibility.

Even streaming YouTube, or making videos takes up a lot of time and energy. Are you prepared to stream when ill with the flu? Keep regular content going? Make sure it's the highest quality you can make? Upgrade your equipment yourself, (PS5, streaming PC, race seat, wheel etc)? These can get quite expensive and fast. I know, I went that route.

Overall, I say if you want it, go for it. But know what it involves and the sheer brute effort you'll need to make a living from it. Just pressing a go live button is easy. There's stream advertisement, community to build on top of it all. It's very difficult. Take it from me.
I hear people mentioning affiliate links to certain sim racing products from time to time. Are they sponsors or is it a commission based on sales thing?

I'm not directly sponsored by anyone but I've made some cryptocurrency by posting my videos on Odysee. You can sync the videos you already made to there plus post new videos and livestreams there too either or have them sync from YouTube. It would probably only help if you post your content on other platforms like BitChute, Rumble, Twitch and quite a few others as well as link your content to popular sites. Making a website might help as well and the process will probably be easy now with AI like ChatGPT.
Also, I'm no expert on the topic but it seems worth mentioning that if you are really good at making liveries in game, that maybe could lead to opportunities. Maybe people or companies would pay you to make a custom livery or at least give you free stuff. Along with the free stuff, maybe look for local companies that have anything to do with racing and maybe they will let you test things or do videos on them and keep it. Anything from gaming chairs, racing gloves, simulation accessories, whatever you can think of it probably won't hurt to ask. Small and or local companies would probably be more willing to give you a chance than big companies whose brand is already well established.

I follow your channel on Odysee and you definitely do make content that I notice the work you put into it. After a while you may get more popular on Odysee than you are on YouTube like I did and you might get your livestreams trending on the homepage. The site is really good about promoting Odysee exclusive livestreams.

It's an interesting thought and I'm definitely dreaming of something like this too. But. There is a difference between 100 views and 1 million views. Anyone can get 100 views or even 100 subs. You are going to need thousands of active subscribers and tens if not hundreds of thousands of views regularly for  anyone to be interested in sponsoring you. And that doesn't happen just by pressing 'Rec' and racing casually.

IF you're a top split driver and you can produce  quality videos, anything can happen with enough dedication. If not, keep practicing.

I hear people mentioning affiliate links to certain sim racing products from time to time. Are they sponsors or is it a commission based on sales thing?
A bit of both in some cases I suspect. If you have a sponsor they will pay you to advertise their products in your content. Such as videos where you see people say ''come play Raid Shadow Legends'' etc.
In other cases you can have a tie in with a sim racing equipment company that you can approach to have a discount affiliate link with their products. An actual sponsor will give you performance related pay and bonuses. An affiliate link will net you a percentage of an individual sale of their product. But the 2 can intertwine I guess. I don't have either, so this is just my opinion.
I follow your channel on Odysee and you definitely do make content that I notice the work you put into it. After a while you may get more popular on Odysee than you are on YouTube like I did and you might get your livestreams trending on the homepage. The site is really good about promoting Odysee exclusive livestreams.
Oh man I forgot I had Odysee 🤣 Yeah my videos get auto uploaded there. My streams stay on YouTube. Glad to know you're one of my 2 followers there. And thankyou for the kind words. I could multi stream to there, plus YT and Twitch if i wanted to. But I like the feel of YouTube and i'm quite happy there. If YouTube ever goes down however....

Last edited:
Some streamers and e-sports drivers have sponsorships (GT Omega, Fanatec, Logitech etc). They don’t tend to come solely from GT content.

My opinion on them depends on how badly they are shilling to get me to buy something from those sponsors. Its problematic because in order for them to continue benefiting from the sponsorship they have to stay in the good graces of that company by pushing their product. If they present no negative opinions about them or just be excessively positive in reviews, I’ll have a negative opinion of them 95% of the time.

I have had a better response on Reddit locally then here.
Really? On Reddit there are only two replies (not counting yours) - the first from someone who admits they have no idea how race streaming works asking questions like "how many people watch" and "how do they watch?", and then a reply similar in tone to a lot of ones here - realistic but frank.

But unlike Reddit some people here have actually posted some encouraging things too such as not to give up and just go for it even if it might be hard and no guarantee of success, and even given you advice, actual numbers and insight from their own experience.

Really? On Reddit there are only two replies (not counting yours) - the first from someone who admits they have no idea how race streaming works asking questions like "how many people watch" and "how do they watch?", and then a reply similar in tone to a lot of ones here - realistic but frank.

But unlike Reddit some people here have actually posted some encouraging things too such as not to give up and just go for it even if it might be hard and no guarantee of success, and even given you advice, actual numbers and insight from their own experience.
Maybe more positive interest in the subject would have been a better phrasing. At the time I posted that.

Yes, there have been positive thoughts here. I have already thanked those people outside of this post.

Back