Sport is ruining GT Sport

• Thread starter BIGBEN
  • 23 comments
About a week ago, I was one decent finish from an 'A' rank DR and my SR was at 'S'. After 1.06 dropped, I jumped in a daily and all of a sudden it's like the SR didn't matter at all. I poled 5th, climbed to 3rd with 1 lap to go and then got repeatedly hit buy the Ahole in 4th until he cut a corner chicane and knocked me hard across the track and into a wall... to which I recived an SR down and a 19 second penalty. Again, it was my corner, clean and clear, Ahole cuts into the grass, over the chicane and t-bones me just past the apex of the turn... and I get penalized.

The very next race... (DR 'B') (SR 'A') I poled 5th again, climbed to 2nd with 1 lap to go and closing in on 1st with a larger gap (8-10secs) between myself and 3rd. I get loose coming out of a corner, do a quick 360 in the middle of the track and recover... I received an SR Down and a 2 second penalty... for spinning out in the middle of track, not touching the grass, chicane, or a wall, or another vehicle. What in the hell is going on with this system?

The very next race... I got a repeat of what happened earlier, I got targeted near the end of the race by another Ahole, at another corner, into another wall... 8 second penalty... SR down.

The rest of the week it's been like a pinball machine. I can only assume that this due to the 1.06 'supergrip' update.

I just don't know what the incentive is keep putting up with this bs. Credit rewards are all but meaningless, because we're 'gifted' way to many cars, way too often. There's no racing teams, which would further encourage clean racing. Tuning is locked in every race, which if opened up would add depth in skill, futher dividing the reckless casuals from the skilled and knowledgeable racers... Where are the N class daily's? Where are the rally dally's? ...but even if all that was addressed, the SR system is still broken and even if that by some miracle was fixed... What is the goal? What is the point of reaching SS? ...other than to say to myself, 'hey, that's cool, look at my rank'?

There just doesn't seem to be a rewarding reason to engage in 'sport' mode at all.

About a week ago, I was one decent finish from an 'A' rank DR and my SR was at 'S'. After 1.06 dropped, I jumped in a daily and all of a sudden it's like the SR didn't matter at all. I poled 5th, climbed to 3rd with 1 lap to go and then got repeatedly hit buy the Ahole in 4th until he cut a corner chicane and knocked me hard across the track and into a wall... to which I recived an SR down and a 19 second penalty. Again, it was my corner, clean and clear, Ahole cuts into the grass, over the chicane and t-bones me just past the apex of the turn... and I get penalized.

The very next race... (DR 'B') (SR 'A') I poled 5th again, climbed to 2nd with 1 lap to go and closing in on 1st with a larger gap (8-10secs) between myself and 3rd. I get loose coming out of a corner, do a quick 360 in the middle of the track and recover... I received an SR Down and a 2 second penalty... for spinning out in the middle of track, not touching the grass, chicane, or a wall, or another vehicle. What in the hell is going on with this system?

The very next race... I got a repeat of what happened earlier, I got targeted near the end of the race by another Ahole, at another corner, into another wall... 8 second penalty... SR down.

The rest of the week it's been like a pinball machine. I can only assume that this due to the 1.06 'supergrip' update.

I just don't know what the incentive is keep putting up with this bs. Credit rewards are all but meaningless, because we're 'gifted' way to many cars, way too often. There's no racing teams, which would further encourage clean racing. Tuning is locked in every race, which if opened up would add depth in skill, futher dividing the reckless casuals from the skilled and knowledgeable racers... Where are the N class daily's? Where are the rally dally's? ...but even if all that was addressed, the SR system is still broken and even if that by some miracle was fixed... What is the goal? What is the point of reaching SS? ...other than to say to myself, 'hey, that's cool, look at my rank'?

There just doesn't seem to be a rewarding reason to engage in 'sport' mode at all.

Last edited:
Qualified.

In today's Daily Races you can drive the N200 DS3 Racing at Northern Isle and the N200 Toyota GT86 GRMN at Alsace Village. In yesterday's you could drive the N200 DS3 Racing at Yamagiwa Reverse.

In both cases you know exactly what I'm referring to, but felt the need to comment anyway... thanks for nothing.

In both cases you know exactly what I'm referring to, but felt the need to comment anyway... thanks for nothing.
Not really. "Pole" is the person who qualifies first. You can't pole fifth.

As for the Daily Races with N-class vehicles, they're Daily Races with N-class vehicles. They're right there, one yesterday, two today. I don't know what else you're after than that.

Only way to enforce clean racing in online lobbies is for the player to create one's own lobby room and if someone drives too rough, then the simple thing to do is kick them out of the room if they are too careless on track.

Not really. "Pole" is the person who qualifies first. You can't pole fifth.

As for the Daily Races with N-class vehicles, they're Daily Races with N-class vehicles. They're right there, one yesterday, two today. I don't know what else you're after than that.

...yet you accurately corrected me, thus knowing what I was referring to. I've used and heard that terminology in and around real racing my whole life, I know it's inaccurate... and I don't care if it triggers the grammar police in video game land. It's just the loose lingo I'm used to.

As far as the N Class races, those are all 'one make' races, not open... that's pretty obvious.

As far as the N Class races, those are all 'one make' races, not open... that's pretty obvious.

This is the first time you've specified "open" N class dailies. As much as you would like to act like it was obvious, it wasnt.

This is the first time you've specified "open" N class dailies. As much as you would like to act like it was obvious, it wasnt.

But it's universally obvious to anyone playing the game that N Classes are in the One Makes, ...so, yeah.

...yet you accurately corrected me, thus knowing what I was referring to.
Indeed - even if you'd used another word as a verb there, like "suitcased", it would have been possible to interpret that you meant "qualified". That doesn't make "suitcased" the right word.
I've used and heard that terminology in and around real racing my whole life, I know it's inaccurate... and I don't care if it triggers the grammar police in video game land. It's just the loose lingo I'm used to.
And that's fine, if you don't want people to easily understand what you're saying. I've never heard anyone say "poled" to mean "qualified" around real racing in my whole life, and I've never seen it written in any racing media, or heard it spoken by any racing media.

I was able to find "poled fifth" on Google to mean "qualified fifth", in a discussion about Danica Patrick on a Shania Twain fansite...

But they use N-Class cars. At no point did you specify anything more particular than Daily Races with N-Class cars. Look:
There's no racing teams, which would further encourage clean racing. Tuning is locked in every race, which if opened up would add depth in skill, futher dividing the reckless casuals from the skilled and knowledgeable racers... Where are the N class daily's? Where are the rally dally's? ...but even if all that was addressed, the SR system is still broken and even if that by some miracle was fixed...
And the answer to that is that they're in the Daily Races. Two today, one yesterday.

No use having a passive-aggressive go at me because you didn't specify what you were talking about. And to be honest I still don't really know why those N-Class races aren't good enough for you and what other types of N-Class race you want.

Iv had a ton of clean close races. Kinda awesome to see another guy respecting you and not resorting to dirty tactics .

it is nice.. but from USA Time roughly 3pm-10pm, you wont find clean drivers in the D/S cat.. Seems the Americans have not concept of "clean driving". They dive bomb you into the wall to get a place.

If you don't acknowledge your own faults in the thread, why would I believe your account of your races? Considering my experience with the matchmaking system is on average very good at matching me with drivers similar to me in both sportsmanship and skill and considering that the system has also been very good at matching my son with drivers like him and considering even when we were on the same ranking the system didn't put us in the same race which I'd expect if it works correctly because we are not the same kind of driver as he is still developing and has a long way to go before he is on the same level as me. Considering all these things I can only imagine the system on average mostly matches you with drivers who drive like you.

Of course there are always exceptions because even in real life there are bad races, just look at Macau the other day.

7HO
If you don't acknowledge your own faults in the thread, why would I believe your account of your races? Considering my experience with the matchmaking system is on average very good at matching me with drivers similar to me in both sportsmanship and skill and considering that the system has also been very good at matching my son with drivers like him and considering even when we were on the same ranking the system didn't put us in the same race which I'd expect if it works correctly because we are not the same kind of driver as he is still developing and has a long way to go before he is on the same level as me. Considering all these things I can only imagine the system on average mostly matches you with drivers who drive like you.

Of course there are always exceptions because even in real life there are bad races, just look at Macau the other day.
Your experience is not the same experience as everyone else. Not sure what's hard to understand about that. There are countless videos on YT showing drivers acting like complete idiots and ruining races. It's not hard to believe anyone that says it happened to them because it happens.

Back