Sport mode - drive settings.

• Thread starter xJildertx
  • 9 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
I'm curious what drive settings you guys use and if you play with a steering wheel or controller.
Also I was wondering if people have an advantage racing on beginner settings. Or would you be able to get better times on expert?

I've mostly always been a casual racer but would like to get a bit more serious with online racing.

I'm using T150 wheel. And drive settings on expert. I do use traction control. And abs on default.

I've been using a DS4. For settings, I start with the intermediate and turn off the braking assist (I find it to be a bit too aggressive at times).

Gonna mess with sensitivities and whatnot later.

It doesn't give you as much power as if you were manually controlling how much throttle you give it. When traction control is on just look at your gas pedal gauge, it definitely slows you down out of corners and through shifts.

I use the thrustmaster T300 GT Edition with the better pedals. Got look Gran Turismo Edition playseat to mount the hardware.

I have everything off except for abs, some cars I turn that off as well.

Last edited:
how does Traction Control slow you down?

Traction control and stability control work by controlling power to the wheels, so you may not always be getting your maximum potential power output, because the car has decided that more will make you spin.

Example:

You are coming out of a turn a bit too wide and you are headed for the dirt, you downshift and hit the throttle, you bring the rear end out a bit and get back on track. With traction control on you probably would have been destined for the dirt.

Back