Sport mode, I’m not impressed

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I was racing very clean and all of a sudden I get rammed from a car travelling at high speeds, purposely trying to ram me off the track. I spin out, and guess what?…I get penalised.

It makes me feel stupid racing clean now. They should ghost all cars at corners on sports mode.

It’s just frustrating, driving clean and fair, then get penalties?

Kinda crap really.

But I love the game. It’s the best gran turismo I think. So much fun.

I have PlayStation 5 version, 4K, love it.

I was clean racing, very clean. I’m in 8th place and a car purposely rammed me off the road. I get penalised and drop back to 12th position. He doesn’t even get a penalty!?

It makes me feel stupid for clean racing.

They need to ghost all cars at every turn and corner. It’s just a joke being penalised for doing absolutely nothing wrong.

I love the game. I think it’s my favourite gran turismo. I have PlayStation 5 version, 4K, just beautiful and fun.

But being penalised for clean racing needs to be addressed.
There have been people complaining about the various iterations of the penalty system for five years now counting the closed beta for GT Sport. PD have tried to address most of the issues but more times than not, they will fix one thing and end up breaking at least another. If they make everyone ghosted, then people will complain that it is a glorified time trial and no longer realistic. I have pretty much lost faith that a good penalty system will be implemented any time soon but I also wonder if it's because technology hasn't advanced enough for it to be possible to create a good penalty system yet.

It's much easier to theorise on how a penalty system may judge or punish intent than it obviously is to implement it into the game, into any game as there's never been one that got this right and mostly they just forego the attempt altogether and let players bash it out.

I race clean because I enjoy it and when you get a clean battle it's a highlight of gaming, but just as much if someone wants to ram and shove and cheat then they will get that back from me.

Going into online racing and expecting a wonderful clean experience is peoples first mistake.

I was racing very clean and all of a sudden I get rammed from a car travelling at high speeds, purposely trying to ram me off the track. I spin out, and guess what?…I get penalised.

It makes me feel stupid racing clean now. They should ghost all cars at corners on sports mode.

It’s just frustrating, driving clean and fair, then get penalties?

Kinda crap really.

But I love the game. It’s the best gran turismo I think. So much fun.

I have PlayStation 5 version, 4K, love it.
I think they should introduce some form of vote option in any online race so if some idiot child decides because he’s useless (or they’ve just spun out) and wants to ruin someone else’s game then the rest of the lobby should have the option to ban from the game for a period.

Totally does my head when folks like us want to simply have a good serious race and one bonehead decides to play at demolition derby mid race.

Back