Sport Mode - new player questions

Australia
Australia
Hi All,

I started playing GT Sport tonight after getting a PS4 this week. I'm loving the game, however I have a couple of questions regarding Sport Mode:

- I've completed 3 daily races, however I don't have a DR yet (my SR is A). Does it take 5 races to get one?

- During these first 3 races - I was in a lobby where there were some really fast drivers (S & A). Once I get my DR - will I only then be matched with my same level?

- Is there a tunes marketplace where I can buy community made tunes?

- Is it worth upgrading each car (weight reduction and power from what I've seen m) - or is that pointless for Sport mode because they balance each car?

Appreciate the help :)

Tune your cars if you race in lobby. Liveries can be used from other players, but car setup not. I think.

Hi All,

I started playing GT Sport tonight after getting a PS4 this week. I'm loving the game, however I have a couple of questions regarding Sport Mode:

- I've completed 3 daily races, however I don't have a DR yet (my SR is A). Does it take 5 races to get one?

- During these first 3 races - I was in a lobby where there were some really fast drivers (S & A). Once I get my DR - will I only then be matched with my same level?

- Is it worth upgrading each car (weight reduction and power from what I've seen m) - or is that pointless for Sport mode because they balance each car?

If you can tune your car, you might be playing the “wrong” mode. Make sure you are in Sport Mode, not lobby.

Hi All,

1. From memory 5 races required before it kicks off. But don't worry u can't control it.
2. You can be matched against higher and lower DR players. Again don't worry u can't control it.
3. Some tuners have threads in the forums. They do share their tunes. You will need to make adjustments to your car. U can't tune in sport mode don't worry.
4. Correct pointless for sport mode. But you can only spend milage points on special cars, paints, rims and upgrading your car. U gotta spend them some where so don't worry

Lots of info in the forums. Bottom line if you try and drive clean you will enjoy the game. So have fun and don't worry
Welcome to gtplanet.

Edit: time of day and time of week can influence who you get matched with. E.g more players evenings and weekend therefore more players your rank

Last edited:
Stick with it even if the early days are a bit tough.. obviously you are learning a new game, controls, tracks etc. I would advise doing the driving school, mission challenges and circuit experience either before you start properly playing Sport Mode, or in between races... maybe do a race then a few challenges and alternate it. This will help you learn the control of different vehicles as well as the track layouts. Mostly, just drive clean (avoid contact with others and going off track) and you will go up in DR and SR much quicker.

Also, qualifying is incredibly important. The longer you spend qualifying the better you will learn the car and track that you will compete in and, of course, the better your qualifying time the higher you will start so the better chance you have of finishing high.

Please don't give up, the mode can feel tough/tedious in the beginning but it is by far the best part of the game once you get into the swing of it.

Thanks for that mate - some great advice there. Yeah - I've been really struggling to be competitive online at all. I've got my SR up to S, but I'm bringing up last most races (was never this slow in Forza league races!).

Like you said - practice, practice, practice...

Thanks for that mate - some great advice there. Yeah - I've been really struggling to be competitive online at all. I've got my SR up to S, but I'm bringing up last most races (was never this slow in Forza league races!).

Like you said - practice, practice, practice...

You will find your level soon and the matchmaking will improve. With not a lot of history it doesn't know where to place you. Instead of aiming to win, just try and gain some positions or enjoy the battle for 15th! Some of my favourite races have been at the back or fighting for a middle finish.

I found that I was able to start really motoring up in DR when I started spending at least 30-45 mins qualifying for a daily race... basically until I feel 100% confident that I know exactly how I am taking every corner I won't enter. This way you have no doubts as to where you are doing what, so all you have to think about is the other cars :)

Good luck

Back