Sport mode Qualifying?

Messages
29
Just wondering if I’m the only one that has this problem
Pretty much 90-95% of the time my very first lap is the fastest no matter how many laps I try. I’m not over driving I try to get smoother and smoother and even when you feel you did a better lap it’s never faster
Then when I actually race 100% of the time I always put down multiple faster laps in the race then the qualifying time
To me that just seems odd
 
This isnt true all the time, but nonetheless, is common for me also. Also, if I pause the game and walk away for a few minutes and start again, I tend to set a faster time. I think it is just effect from giving time for you brain to sort out the muscle memory. Im sure it would make a good neuroscience study.

EDIT: I'll add to this by saying, there are definitely some tracks where you can get a much higher starting speed after a lap like tracks that start you on a straight, you can typically get a much higher speed through the finish line by taking the final corner in a way that gives you the highest exit speed.
 
Last edited:
I think it’s like a psychological effect of pressing retry and “starting new”.
You clean your emotions a bit. Unless you’re driving hybrids... then you’re depleting the battery. Usually my second lap is 1 second faster. My first lap is usually a lap to mark my points.
 
Anyone ever notice the first race lap or 2 seems like its happening at 3/4 speed??? It just seems the cars are slower on the first lap or so.
 
Anyone ever notice the first race lap or 2 seems like its happening at 3/4 speed??? It just seems the cars are slower on the first lap or so.
Probably because everyone is bunched and holding each other up and overtakes are not necessary like in the the later laps. Plus thats how it should be strategically, why blow the race by pushing it the first few laps?
 
Most people are faster bij going slower. That is always one of the biggest tips.
 
Back