Sport mode race lost to a glitch?

• Thread starter Epic B
  • 6 comments
Canada
On the run
NaveekDarkroom
I did a Group 3 daily at Suzuka with my 911 RSR. It was ten laps and something strange happened with another racer. At some point someone was near the front of the pack but when they crossed the line to finish one lap they suddenly glitched into last place without changing position on track, and also momentarily glitched into first place. I didn't notice this until I looked at the replay later. But the worst instance was at the end of the race. I was leading by around four seconds on the final lap (and it took me nearly the whole race to work my way up from fifth) and was exiting the Casio Triangle ready to take the checkered flag. But suddenly thus glitchy driver took the checkered flag out of nowhere by over ten seconds and the game counted them as winning. Looking at the replay they crossed the line in second to last place (likely a product of this nonsense) and finished lap 9 of 10 but the game glitched up or something and gave them the checkered flag when I should have won legitimately. It definitely wasn't the pit glitch that's ever so popular for money grinding.

Why did this happen? Is Sport mode glitchy, was it poor server connections or hacks? Given that the replay is over 20 minutes it's too big to share on my GT Sport profile. Does the "share" function on PSN let you share clips publicly? Is there anyway to report this incident directly to PD?

I had a similar incident, I was challenging a Porsche in my GTR on Alsace. FInal Lap last corner he loses it on the wall and as Im about to cross the line a frenchman out of nowhere wins the race, i barley saw his car is just kind of flashed in front of me then disapeared.

I had a strange incident happen in a sport mode race last night (The golf GTI race at Alsace. On the first lap 1st-6th were running fairly close together and I was in a chasing pack about 2 seconds behind (about 5.5s off the leader).

On lap 2 I passed a Spanish driver about a quarter of the way round the track who had stopped on the grass and went up to 6th. Next thing I'm down to 7th again without losing place on track and apparently I'm 2:04 (minutes) behind the leader, who is the same guy I saw on the side of the circuit.

At the end of the race he was about 3 minutes ahead of everyone, with a fastest lap of 0:30.000!

Yeah it happens to me as well

I haven't uploaded this part, but I checked the race from the glitched driver's perspective. He was first the whole race and suddenly he just became 13th. No overtakes, no mistakes, none. He just plopped from 1st to 13th. Even the lap he's in didn't change. This also happens in qualifying in the nations/manufacturers where first wouldn't show the fastest time on the HUD even though it displays as the FL. He would only plop back to first after quali
I had a strange incident happen in a sport mode race last night (The golf GTI race at Alsace. On the first lap 1st-6th were running fairly close together and I was in a chasing pack about 2 seconds behind (about 5.5s off the leader).

On lap 2 I passed a Spanish driver about a quarter of the way round the track who had stopped on the grass and went up to 6th. Next thing I'm down to 7th again without losing place on track and apparently I'm 2:04 (minutes) behind the leader, who is the same guy I saw on the side of the circuit.

At the end of the race he was about 3 minutes ahead of everyone, with a fastest lap of 0:30.000!
That's probably a pit stop glitch being abused. That guy's just a plain douchebag.

I had a similar incident, I was challenging a Porsche in my GTR on Alsace. FInal Lap last corner he loses it on the wall and as Im about to cross the line a frenchman out of nowhere wins the race, i barley saw his car is just kind of flashed in front of me then disapeared.
During the race where I had this happen I think it did notice a flash of car at 130R at some point but whatever it was was inconsequential. The car that glitch won the race in my experience "won" rather suddenly as the lap counter only glitched and they didn't actually change position on track.

Yeah it happens to me as well

I haven't uploaded this part, but I checked the race from the glitched driver's perspective. He was first the whole race and suddenly he just became 13th. No overtakes, no mistakes, none. He just plopped from 1st to 13th. Even the lap he's in didn't change. This also happens in qualifying in the nations/manufacturers where first wouldn't show the fastest time on the HUD even though it displays as the FL. He would only plop back to first after quali

That's probably a pit stop glitch being abused. That guy's just a plain douchebag.

That's exactly what I witnessed.

I think it might be a pitstop glitch. They wait until the last moment, to make it less obvious. Although it was very obvious the time it happened to me.

Back