Sport Mode Races are ridiculously short

I thought the same and while we have to consider the people that are looking for short and sweet races maybe it would be possible to include two different options for the same daily race.

Ex.
N300 race at brands hatch

You could choose to do the short race which would be the standard 5 laps,
Or
Select the second option that would be an "endurance" race at maybe 15 laps with fuel consumption at 3x to Force 1 Pit Stop within the race.

I don't think it would be any more trouble because everyone could still qualify the same way but you just choose whether you want to do the short daily race or the long daily race.

I believe with longer races people will become more patient with passing and it will be easier to gain position because the drivers won't feel so rushed. You will have cleaner races and more of a competitive feel instead of people trying to Rocket their way to the front of the line which usually leads to overshooting turns or rear-ending somebody Etc.

Hopefully this is something PD implements into the game eventually.

I do hope for something longer, 5-7 minutes feels like they are over before they have started! They are probably set at a research sweet spot for casual enjoyment, which is fair enough, but it would be good to see some longer stuff as well, 15,30 or 45 minutes!

I've looked at the launch week selection and TBH, I have little to no desire to race any of them :(

Edit:

It is possible to look at the distance for the Nations and PD Championship (probably manufacturers as well but not made a choice yet).

These are also short, 9.7miles for the Nations Cup race (Gr4) and 12.2 miles for the PD Championship (MX5).

Last edited:
Eventually we will get longer and hopefully more choices of races. A 5-6 races rotation would be nice. Maybe once the game launch has settled and the whole team is on content and supporting the game.

They will get changed up eventually, the game only released yesterday...
There's no evidence that this is the case it's just wishful thinking on your part. Recent evidence suggests the opposite. QM races from GT6 were short sprints. Endurance racing was completely eliminated in GT6 as well. The demo and beta races were all of the shorter variety. There's been literally no indication so far that longer races are even a consideration.

They have put the tools into what game to make longer races a possibility, we can see that from the 30 lapper found in the missions, it would be daft not to use them online at some point right? But this is PD we are talking about I suppose :dunce::confused: :banghead:

There's no evidence that this is the case it's just wishful thinking on your part. Recent evidence suggests the opposite. QM races from GT6 were short sprints. Endurance racing was completely eliminated in GT6 as well. The demo and beta races were all of the shorter variety. There's been literally no indication so far that longer races are even a consideration.
Apart from screenshots of people seeing an Endurance sport race just before launch.

Back