Sport mode rant

GTP_Monkey

May the force be with you
Premium
England
Top Valley, NG5
What a heap off crap, entered one race got punted off 4 times from rammers I never once hit any one myself and got my ratings marked down. From what I saw not one of those bloody idiots got penalties either, To me this doesn’t promote a very good image

It’s completey broken

Sticking to arcade mode in future

Yup.. you should seriously get disqualified, if the game detects that you deliberately wipes someone off the tracks or t-bones someone in a turn. It must be possible to make that kind of algorithm. And there should be more variation than simply three daily races. The problem is that everyone of all levels and tempers is crowded into the same three races all day long, and yes, the races are so short that it is doomed to be destruction derby.

It is frustrating. Seems like Driveclub, which I like, but I'm looking for better with gts. Hopefully things will sort themselves out and the rankings will stabilize so the Driveclub guys can have the d and e spots.

I found it so bloody frustrating as to me its all about good clean racing, There is so much in game about racing etiquette and yet the innocent party gets penalised for trying to be a good honest clean racer.

Last edited:
Have a question since I don't have PSN+...does Sport mode feature dynamic weather? Given GTS is about having FIA certification, how realistic could online races be if weather doesn't come into play to challenge the racers?

Have a question since I don't have PSN+...does Sport mode feature dynamic weather? Given GTS is about having FIA certification, how realistic could online races be if weather doesn't come into play to challenge the racers?

It wouldn't be dynamic I don't think. Mainly because if everyone is grouped to challenge eachother it may be deemed unfair that 50% of the group raced in the dry and during the day whilst the others raced in the rain at night.

Not that I know this to be true, but from a fair play perspective it wouldn't really work. The exception to that would be if EVERYONE had the same weather conditions for particular races - but then that's not dynamic :P

Also, Kaz said that the game doesn't/ wouldn't feature dynamic weather and time, only set conditions for each race.

Back