Sport Mode: Teleporting Cars?

United States
Lancaster, PA
Satomiblood
Please forgive me if I'm beating a dead horse with this topic:

I mostly play the Daily Race A and B and I've encountered a few instances of vehicles teleporting to different parts of the track. Is this a connectivity issue, an exploitable glitch, or something else entirely? The reason I ask is because I had passed an opposing driver and had developed at least a half lap lead. Next thing I know, the same driver reappears in front of me and ends up finishing the race at a better position. I still see teleporting cars from time to time, but nowhere near as obscene as the experience I described above. What exactly is this?

Connection problems, in your case your opponent must have had a really bad connection. There's not much you can do about it either, I've hit a couple myself, hard not too when one second they are in the gravel and the next they are right in front of you at the corner.

yeah, the connection issues are horrendous sometimes.

Although i have very fast internet, I was racing a few nights ago in sport mode and in 3/5 races the lag was so bad that the game was unplayable. I had a few pole positions (which are super rare for me) which turned into last place within the first 2 corners. its absolutely impossible to get through the first corner when close proximity to another car INCREASES the lag. It also became impossible to overtake anyone as every time i got near anyone the game began to lag once again. PD needs to fix this

I've seen instances of 7 or 8 cars taken out by a car not teleporting but getting a massive speed boost and zig-zagging across the track. Quite amusing but very frustrating

Back