Sports Bars in Kissimmee/Celebration/Orlando

United Kingdom
YorkshireLand
SVTlover
Sorry if this is in the wrong section but I wasn't sure where to post this.

I'll be on holiday in Florida for 2 weeks from the 11th of May and wondered if there would be a sports bar or somewhere similar that would have the Spanish GP on TV?

I've tried googling bars and whilst there are a list of bars coming up it doesn't say what they show on TV.

Any help would be appreciated.

Do we have any members on here living there?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but I wasn't sure where to post this.

I'll be on holiday in Florida for 2 weeks from the 11th of May and wondered if there would be a sports bar or somewhere similar that would have the Spanish GP on TV?

I've tried googling bars and whilst there are a list of bars coming up it doesn't say what they show on TV.

Any help would be appreciated.

Do we have any members on here living there?

Sharky's or Buffalo Wild Wings may have it. Keyword here is *may*, though.

Sharky's or Buffalo Wild Wings may have it. Keyword here is *may*, though.

I know there's a BWW on 192 so I will try there, I'm not holding my breath or anything, if I can just catch the highlights I'll be fine, then I don't have to avoid facebook or Sky Sports for 2 weeks until I'm home

Most bars with multiple TV's will usually be happy to tune one channel to something if its available on their package. Especially since the F1 race might not conflict with any prime time business hours or sports due to the time zone differences

Most bars with multiple TV's will usually be happy to tune one channel to something if its available on their package. Especially since the F1 race might not conflict with any prime time business hours or sports due to the time zone differences

Thanks, I did find a place where it'll be shown but unsure if it'll be repeated in the evening. I know our hotel has a sports bar so I'll likely check there first.

Thanks, I did find a place where it'll be shown but unsure if it'll be repeated in the evening. I know our hotel has a sports bar so I'll likely check there first.
I wouldn't count on a re-airing (at a reasonable time anyways). 7:30-8AM is going to be your best bet unfortunately. Later in the day, and especially the evening will likely be dominated by other national sports, sports talk shows and who knows what else.

You could get lucky though. Basketball and Hockey's seasons will both be done by then, so MLB Baseball and maybe some Collegiate sports will be the only things vying for time. Football might also be on (your version, not ours). Luckily NASCAR races on Saturday that weekend so there's no conflict there.

I wouldn't count on a re-airing (at a reasonable time anyways). 7:30-8AM is going to be your best bet unfortunately. Later in the day, and especially the evening will likely be dominated by other national sports, sports talk shows and who knows what else.

You could get lucky though. Basketball and Hockey's seasons will both be done by then, so MLB Baseball and maybe some Collegiate sports will be the only things vying for time. Football might also be on (your version, not ours). Luckily NASCAR races on Saturday that weekend so there's no conflict there.

I doubt there'll be a reairing, I may have to try catch a quiet bar that will have no one in and they're happy to change the channel so we can watch an evening repeat or highlights. The place I found that will definitely have it showing is showing it at 1pm but haven't said if there'll be any other repeats.

Just a heads up that there may be very few bars or restaurants open at 8am on a Sunday in Florida. The Kissimmee/Orlando area might be an exception, due to a lot of tourism. Many counties or municipalities in Florida have local "blue laws" which might prohibit purely alcohol-serving establishments from being open early (i.e. Before noon) on Sundays.

You might luck out at a 24 hour restaurant which have TVs, but the major brands aren't open early in the morning. Roughly half of the hotels have NBC Sports Channel, so there's a chance you stay in, if you like. If they advertise having DirecTV or DISH, they will have that channel.

Back