Sportsmanship S ranking - Too Easy?

• Thread starter D1RTIEST
  • 16 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
D1RTIEST
Does anyone else think the S rating is earned too easily? After 3 clean races I went from B to S.

I did the KTM daily at Monza(?) And even past the chicane the majority of the lobby was smacking into one another and pushing off track. Nobody finished that race without a penalty.

I think it should take time to obtain the S ranking but easy to lose it, encouraging clean racing for those who care about the rating.

Yes and it's been mentioned before many times. Also as mentioned before the limit needs upping to something a lot higher than 99. Not only would this stop people getting to S quickly it would also mean the people at the top end of the ratings would not drop a ton of ratings after one bad race where someone may have even smashed into them, making it a much more accurate way to measure sportsmanship.

Absolutely not IMO. One bad race and you lose a fraction of your DR level; one race with a few questionable penalties and you can find yourself down by two or three SR ranks. The penalties are very sensitive, so harsher SR drops would be very irritating.

Absolutely not IMO. One bad race and you lose a fraction of your DR level; one race with a few questionable penalties and you can find yourself down by two or three SR ranks. The penalties are very sensitive, so harsher SR drops would be very irritating.
You can drop a ton, you can gain a ton. You can get a whole rank up just through Daily C

First thing to do imo is a complete overhaul of the penalty system.
I'm not sure here, however, I think DR and SR should be independent entities.
As for the SR rating : There's something wrong if SR ratings drop and rise ( rinse repeat ) on a daily basis. Driving clean or dirty is a matter of a driver's character ... and characters don't change from day to day. The calculation of SR should include every race ever done per driver to get an average measure for their track behaviour. The more races done the more settled the SR, the less impact from one bad race.

As for the SR rating : There's something wrong if SR ratings drop and rise ( rinse repeat ) on a daily basis. Driving clean or dirty is a matter of a driver's character ... and characters don't change from day to day. The calculation of SR should include every race ever done per driver to get an average measure for their track behaviour. The more races done the more settled the SR, the less impact from one bad race.
I think this can be solved just by raising the SR cap to something like 1000
What I predict would happen is that people will float at a consistent number (say 500-550), like what DR does. Dips wouldn't be as grave as it is now, and by extention you cannot gain so much SR in one racr anymore, preventing people from farming to max SR then having one troll race

It probably is too easy.

It took me about 15 days of racing to achieve an SR of S, whereas it took me about 78 days of racing to achieve a comparable DR rating of A+.

No, SR is not like DR.. it is almost a negative rating, anything below S means you did something wrong. All you should need to get an S rating is not do anything wrong for a while.

I'm not sure if this was a glitch or something but I was mid dr A and sr S, did a Daily Race C which I think was a Tokyo Expressway race in GR.3.

By time I got to the first corner, I was hit in the backside twice (I ended up hitting the car in front), both sides of car were swiped, and before I even got out of the first corner, I had 18 Seconds worth of penalties which ruined the race for me. Anyway, some more penalties by others later and at the end of the race, I was bumped down to a dr C and sr D.

The next day there was a daily race at Mt panorama using a subaru GR.3 special (could be wrong) and I played this around 10 times, winning 8 out of the ten at which point both my dr and sr went up to B rating, and no matter how many more races I won after that point (around 4 or 5) it stayed as dr B, sr B.

Quite p-oh'd I went to bed . . . . . the next time I logged on, I was bumped up to an dr S, sr S . . . . same thing happened to me yesterday when I was an A A, I went onto Daily Race 2 which was a GR.2 race at Kyoto (YAM) I won twice, came second twice and yet both my dr A and sr A didn't budge???

Anyone else experiencing the same issues?

Not had that issue but last night the Clean Race bonus wasn't being awarded. ( Started from 1st three times and not so much as a scrape or bump) on BB raceway

I wonder then if GT store the info and add the clean race bonus later?? It would make sense for my first experience, but it's quite annoying when I wanted to get to an SR A rating for the FIA race, but ended up in a race with points that weren't worth the 50 mins spent doing it.

Last edited:
Back