Spotify GT7

• Thread starter Yes No
  • 25 comments
United States
United States
Spotify

I've played at least 100 hours (probably a lot more but can't check right now). The music included in the game isn't bad but I've been wanting to listen to something else..... More specifically, I kept thinking to myself that it would be really awesome and kind of a game changer if I could use my Spotify lists while I race.

I'm guessing this can also be done on the PS4 but haven't tried. I'm also guessing that I am probably talking about a feature (Spotify in game) that was realized by everyone else back when the first stone wheel was created ....

I was just messing around on my ps5 to see what kind of apps I could install and found out that I can use Spotify. Then found out that I can open spotify, start playing whatever song or whatever.... Then go back into GT7.... The in game music is now playing your Spotify stuff now instead of the in game music.

Also found out that I can skip songs and adjust volume in game by using my headphone swipe controls.

Sorry for the long post.... I'm just super happy that I can listen to awesome tunes now while grinding or getting my ass kicked in pretty much everything except easy mode lol.

Yeah being able to play your Spotify instead of the in game music is great.

Didn't know about the headphone controls though, I keep my Spotify open on my phone and have it sitting next to me so I can skip that way.

Yup I’ve had the BGM turned off since a few months after the game launched and boosted the engine noise and tire noise a bit to mix well with Spotify app volume level. I made a playlist of all the songs in GT1-GT3 and usually listen to that, but really any rock/metal station/playlist will do for me.

The best thing about GT5 and 6 (and a lot of PS3 games) for me were the custom music playlist feature. Spotify is alright and everything but doesn’t really have much of the more obscure music I like - I’m so hipster, you see.

My solution is to mute all the in-game music and I have a pair of Minirigs running off my phone playing the music of my liking, and the in-game sound effects coming through my larger and louder wall mounted speakers. It does simulate a car stereo pretty well like this, I like it.

My headphones have the ability to connect to 2 separate devices at the same time. Never used it but now I'm curious if I could get the race noises from one connection and music or something from the other device and have them play simultaneously

The best thing about GT5 and 6 (and a lot of PS3 games) for me were the custom music playlist feature. Spotify is alright and everything but doesn’t really have much of the more obscure music I like - I’m so hipster, you see.

My solution is to mute all the in-game music and I have a pair of Minirigs running off my phone playing the music of my liking, and the in-game sound effects coming through my larger and louder wall mounted speakers. It does simulate a car stereo pretty well like this, I like it.
How obscure is the music you like if it isn't on Spotify?

Apple music also works.

You can use the ps5 voice commands to skip songs.

Hey playstation: Skip

Is the only use the psvr2’s mic ever gets.

kLqfDF.gif

Spotify works awesome with the PS5 in general. I also learned you can connect to the PS5 from the Spotify mobile app and thus use your phone to adjust volume, skip songs, change playlists, etc. In other words, you don't even really need to use the PS5 app.
Quite handy if you decide to start/change music after you've started playing!

This morning I tried Spotify with GT7 too, but volume is just to low and I don't know how to increase it.
Tried to open Spotify and finding some volume options, but no luck.
Also tried increasing BGM at GT7, but volume stays same.

Any solution for that?

This morning I tried Spotify with GT7 too, but volume is just to low and I don't know how to increase it.
Tried to open Spotify and finding some volume options, but no luck.
Also tried increasing BGM at GT7, but volume stays same.

Any solution for that?
For PS5 you need to hit the PS button so the XMB comes up. Then you select the volume icon and I believe it’s the last or second to last option to adjust the music volume so you can hear Spotify over the game

For PS5 you need to hit the PS button so the XMB comes up. Then you select the volume icon and I believe it’s the last or second to last option to adjust the music volume so you can hear Spotify over the game
Thanks, do I have to just tap PS button or hold it - don't know on what menu you think?
When I tap it, it comes options to skip or like song, but no volume option.

I found podcasts listenable if I change race sound effects to 2 (in the in race sound effects settings in GT7) and bump the spotify volume to max.

To get to Spotify volume from whatever game you’re playing, tap ps button, select the “now playing on Spotify” thing and press X, then select and adjust volume.

Last edited:

The PS4 had an extra app called Media Player, from which you could play custom music files from a USB device. It also works in game, essentially the same as what Spotify does.
I think it's the same for PS5.

The PS4 had an extra app called Media Player, from which you could play custom music files from a USB device. It also works in game, essentially the same as what Spotify does.
I think it's the same for PS5.
That’s amazing, really? I’ll have to look into that, nice one! Honestly I’ve had this PS4 Pro for nearly a year now and have barely looked into all the stuff it can do. I’m old school, so i’ve been treating it like a console, you know like a PS1 - put your game in, play it, bish bosh. I have to get it into my head that it’s more like a computer and have a right good rummage around all its bells and whistles.

Quick Q about this media app though: is it clever enough to replace just the race music and leave the menu music be or does it replace all the music?

I quite like the menu music in the this game but honestly the race music is just terrible, not a single good song!

Last edited:
That’s amazing, really? I’ll have to look into that, nice one! Honestly I’ve had this PS4 Pro for nearly a year now and have barely looked into all the stuff it can do. I’m old school, so i’ve been treating it like a console, you know like a PS1 - put your game in, play it, bish bosh. I have to get it into my head that it’s more like a computer and have a right good rummage around all its bells and whistles.

Quick Q about this media app though: is it clever enough to replace just the race music and leave the menu music be or does it replace all the music?

I quite like the menu music in the this game but honestly the race music is just terrible, not a single good song!
I haven't used it in ages, and definitely not with Gran Turismo, but I'd expect it to work the same as Spotify.

So depending on the game, it will either replace all music, or if a game hasn't implemented that, the music will just play on top of the game music, requiring you to manually turn down the in game music volume.
I don't know how it will work in GT7.

But a very quick search on YouTube brought this up as a guide:

I just skimmed through it but it seems to cover the necessities

Here's my gran turismo inspired spotify playlist.

Nice.
With the exception of a few songs that aren’t on Spotify, I made a playlist of all the songs in GT1, GT2 and GT3 and mostly listen to that when playing. I made another one that uses that as a base and added additional rock and electronic/techno style songs to it as well.

Back