• Thread starter dylansan
  • 9 comments

dylansan

Premium
United States
Massachusetts
GTP_dylansan
MINICOOPER120
I always have trouble making decisions when I have lots of choices. While Forza 6's Career mode has a pretty simple structure, and I'm sure many of you have already completed all the series and have moved on to other things, I keep getting hung up trying to choose the best order to complete everything while preventing it from becoming tedious.

Even if you have completed the career already, keep in mind there are 6 classes to pick from in each volume, so with 3 series per volume and 5 volumes, that makes 90 series to run overall! All of which I plan to run eventually. If you're a completionist, it's worth considering.

So I had an idea to allow me to keep progressing without saving all the reruns 'til the end, or just running through the whole career six times, or picking out of a hat until all were completed.

A spreadsheet can be found here.

The basic idea is simple. Go through the first volume, and from then on, every time you complete a series in one volume, go backwards through the volumes doing one series each until you reach the beginning. The car classes are determined ahead of time too, so you get many races before they're repeated. By the time you're about halfway done, you'll be going through the entire career twice in a row, without repeating a single car class. After that, you'll be done with the first volume, and then gradually finish up the rest ending with the three Ultimate Motorsport Series in whatever you have left.

Needlessly convoluted? Probably! After all, I don't think many people complain that Forza's career doesn't have enough structure. However, I find that having everything laid out for me lets me plan ahead and choose cars ahead of time. It also means I have no excuse for not continuing, as your next task is already decided and there's no tedium of long term completion goals since every series matters. Finally, mathematically derived variety means I can't complain about repeating the same cars over again.

Let me know if you are going to try this. Also let me know if this is stupid and I should feel bad. I'm not expecting this to appeal to most people.

Oh, and there's an alternate order which ensures you run through the volumes forward instead of fastest to slowest each time, opposite career mode. The downside is the overall progression slows down as you wait to start a new volume.

Have fun!

I see where you are going with this and the intent. I think I'm typical of the way people played 6. I smashed thru the career mode so I could get the end and then manual choose what I wanted to do next.

The career didnt interest me too much so I chose cars I knew well and can compete well with.

I personally do not like the F1 cars nor the Indycars nor most of the GTLM class nor the hypercar class.

To me once it gets into 'twitch racing' is when I kind of lose interest. I'm also kind of jealous of people who can do 4 min Ring times in an E23, thats just something I dont think I will ever be capable of.

My comfort zone is up to about the 800-875 class car. I just kind of wish they would give a 'schedule of races' in each volume, that's all I want.

I dont like it how they just present you the first race but I suppose you have to do every volume in every class so its a bit forgone.

I love ya Turn10 but they way they present the races isnt that great.

I've completed the first run through. One class completed in every series. Currently trying to beat every Showcase event, which is a real challenge. Eventually I think I'll go through it all, apart from the Modern Gran Prix. Usually I enjoy the challenge, but wheelspin in fourth gear is just too much.

I've completed the first run through. One class completed in every series. Currently trying to beat every Showcase event, which is a real challenge. Eventually I think I'll go through it all, apart from the Modern Gran Prix. Usually I enjoy the challenge, but wheelspin in fourth gear is just too much.

Shortshifting like crazy helps with the Lotus.

I've recently started the career and it's confused me a bit.
first i started in the Ford Lotus Cortina and finished a short series of 3 races, then the next series starts in Hockenheim in the same car, i then change to a different class of car (rally) and the next race is still at the Hockenheim Ring. If i had continued in the Lotus Cortina would i have been progressing, or just repeating myself?

thanks to the OP though, i think i have rough idea of what is going on.

Last edited:
Shortshifting like crazy helps with the Lotus
And TCS :embarrassed::lol:

What the hell, needs do as needs must. Trying to drive that thing without TCS has no fun factor

Unless you're a masochist. But hey, to each his own. Judge not, etc :cool:

Thanks @dylansan, I've been playing the first volume over and over in different classes and the game's beginning to lose its flavour for me so changing it around like this sounds like it'd be a lot more interesting.

Last edited:
Thanks dylansan for your great work, I started using your sheet, it's really great to play the career with this.

So far so good, I really like using the sheet, I've done about 20 series, going through the predefined order of the sheet.

Back