Sprint Cup Asia (Season 2) SEASON FINISHED.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 657 comments

Are the pitstop success penalties adding anything to the series? Should they be removed?

• Yes I think they add to the races. Keep them.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No they are not working. Get rid of them.

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Could've ran towards the top end of the class, but ended up with too many mistakes and being forced to run 2 stops due to horrendous front tire wear.

i just saw the replay and man, that was one of the best fuel saving performances i´ve ever seen @Lost Sheltie. Honestly, that was magnificent. Still, im disappointed, because i do feel like i drove well. Sure i didn´t fuel save as much as 1st and 2nd but i had pace for more i think, specially after pitting. And like, i do not think that the merc is capable of matching the level of fuel saving sheltie did today. He was shifting up so early and yet he wasn´t loosing that much performance. After pitting, he still had to save massively and i didn´t, i was pushing hard and driving pretty well and yet the gap only came down like a second and a half, before i got desesperate and overdrove the car way too much, considering i had pad tyre wear. It´s a situation where i feel like my car has pace, but i also think that i can´t win while not fuel saving, because other cars don´t loose that much performance while doing it and will jump me in the pits, but i also loose while saving because i can´t match that level of saving. And when our pace is so similar, slipstream makes it hard to create gaps and so, fuel matters a lot. I do admit i didn´t save enough today anyway, but still, i honestly dont think i could have much better than this, i certainly do not believe that 1st could be matched, despite what I believe was very solid driving by me today.

That being said, congratulations to sheltie and kopin, you certainly drove very well and also deserved your finishing positions. Im like 99% certain i'll have to miss Bathurst and so, i´ll leave the championship battle for you two.

Round 4 @ Autopolis - Photos Part 1

8440326250475587080_0.jpg
8431323456112461312_0.jpg
8431323447119872520_0.jpg
8430760508306523656_0.jpg
8431319059676562944_0.jpg

Yeh I guess. The way things have been going, you will be past me before the end of the first lap :crazy:. Last race it felt like every time I braked, the back locked up and every time I got on the throttle, the tires spun up! It didn't feel as grippy as it did in practice, even with fuel and tyre settings the same :rolleyes:

Out of interest, have you tried moving the brake bias towards the rear. It find that the Gr.4 Corvette tends to be less tail happy with a touch of rear brakes, don't have enough seat time to compare on the Gr.3 Vette.

@paoloevans :cheers: Scary start, fun but hard race :) .

(Stealing from @Raptor013 )
Had the pace to possibly win the class, but far too many other Silver Cup drivers...

Too funny @Kuraudo

Yeh I guess. The way things have been going, you will be past me before the end of the first lap :crazy:. Last race it felt like every time I braked, the back locked up and every time I got on the throttle, the tires spun up! It didn't feel as grippy as it did in practice, even with fuel and tyre settings the same :rolleyes:
I raced Bathurst only once. My first GT Sport race (650s GR4) was at Bathurst and it was dreadful :D . I know a lot of people love Bathurst but my brain just can't figure it out. It's a narrow maze with crazy braking points...:ouch:

Brake bias: to me with weak ABS, BB -2 is very tail happy, BB -1 is kind of OK with the Jaguar, but still a tire killer monster :( .

@Raptor013 :cheers::gtpflag:

I raced Bathurst only once. My first GT Sport race (650s GR4) was at Bathurst and it was dreadful :D . I know a lot of people love Bathurst but my brain just can't figure it out. It's a narrow maze with crazy braking points...:ouch:

Brake bias: to me with weak ABS, BB -2 is very tail happy, BB -1 is kind of OK with the Jaguar, but still a tire killer monster :( .

@Raptor013 :cheers::gtpflag:

Trust me, racing Bathurst in real life is far more mind boggling than it is in a game. I've been fortunate to do both, and every single lap I was looking for more speed down up and down the long straights and trying to find that extra tenth in the braking zones. It's one of those places that you never stop learning at no matter how many laps you do.

The games are very deceptive when it comes to just how steep the place is as it's a lot steeper and tighter than most games can accurately portray. When I get my car back from the mechanic and assuming we don't go into another full lock down out here, I'll take a run out there and capture a road speed lap on my dash camera for you guys.

Most of the tracks I'm very slow (4+ sec/lap) but making only a few mistakes. Bathurst? Very slow and a ton of mistakes :D . Autopolis and Bathurst are the two hardest races in the calendar imho.

I'll take a run out there and capture a road speed lap on my dash camera for you guys.
:bowdown: sounds awesome :D .

Most of the tracks I'm very slow (4+ sec/lap) but making only a few mistakes. Bathurst? Very slow and a ton of mistakes :D . Autopolis and Bathurst are the two hardest races in the calendar imho.

I'm the opposite, Kyoto is my weakest track this season, probably due to it not actually being a real world track and I don't do many races in either online or offline there in the game.

Fuji is a track I seem to be hit and miss with, I the track from the start line up to the Dunlop Curve, then the new Herman Tilke butchered "stadium" section just does my head in. Some laps I nail it perfectly. Others I totally blow either the left at 15 or the right at 16. Only really had 1 good race there when the Nations Cup visited this season.

Autopolis is a favourite for me. It's fast, flowing and just enough technical sections to keep me interested.

And well Bathurst is my home track in game (until they decide to add Eastern Creek Raceway which is highly unlikely) and such a technical challenge that when it all goes right is so rewarding, much like the Nordschleife.

I'm the opposite, Kyoto is my weakest track this season, probably due to it not actually being a real world track and I don't do many races in either online or offline there in the game.

Fuji is a track I seem to be hit and miss with, I the track from the start line up to the Dunlop Curve, then the new Herman Tilke butchered "stadium" section just does my head in. Some laps I nail it perfectly. Others I totally blow either the left at 15 or the right at 16. Only really had 1 good race there when the Nations Cup visited this season.

Autopolis is a favourite for me. It's fast, flowing and just enough technical sections to keep me interested.

And well Bathurst is my home track in game (until they decide to add Eastern Creek Raceway which is highly unlikely) and such a technical challenge that when it all goes right is so rewarding, much like the Nordschleife.
Hit or miss? The last sector of Autopolis (it's a big wtf? every single lap when you miss the first apex) and Fuji - same here. I love Fuji (my favourite track), but not because I'm good on that track... Mount Fuji in the background is just gorgeous.
But in the end it doesn't matter :D . I know that I'm the slowest racer here, but it's good fun to racing with you guys.

Hit or miss? The last sector of Autopolis (it's a big wtf? every single lap when you miss the first apex) and Fuji - same here. I love Fuji (my favourite track), but not because I'm good on that track... Mount Fuji in the background is just gorgeous.
But in the end it doesn't matter :D . I know that I'm the slowest racer here, but it's good fun to racing with you guys.

Having fun is the main thing. The 3:30 am wake-ups are tough some times, but a solid drive and trying to find the speed to close the gap to the quicker guys in the series motivates me enough to get out of bed.

And believe me I've noticed it starting to pay off in the FIA races as I'm more switched on trying to nail the perfect lap everytime now.

Out of interest, have you tried moving the brake bias towards the rear. It find that the Gr.4 Corvette tends to be less tail happy with a touch of rear brakes, don't have enough seat time to compare on the Gr.3 Vette.

I've always had problems with brake bias towards the back. Either the car never brakes quickly enough or I lock up. Depending on the car and the track I either have no brake bias or I have it towards the front. Not great over a long race for underesteer :crazy:.

When I get my car back from the mechanic and assuming we don't go into another full lock down out here, I'll take a run out there and capture a road speed lap on my dash camera for you guys.

I've been to Bathurst many times, but never gone to the Mountain. My brother has driven the circuit before..driving a coach :lol:
. I just don't see how you could crowbar a coach around forest elbow :scared:.

It's funny, all the European drivers who come to the 12h and 6h compare Mt Panorama to the Green Hell.

I love Bathurst. It's Tokyo I hate. Out of 880 races I have 8 wins...4 of those are Bathurst, but all Gr4 :dopey:.

Front brake bias also hurts front tyre life, I tend to only go there during Qualifying sessions. Otherwise it sits at 0 or -1 depending on the car.

Getting a coach around Forest Elbow is easy, you just ride the outside wall :P

My 7 wins have come when I either least expect it or when I am recovering SR in lower lobbies.

1 at Autopolis
3 at Willow Springs
1 at Lago Maggiore (in an FIA race using Karts of all things)
1 at Spa (FIA Exhibition Season)
1 at Interlagos (this season Supra Cup)

I love Bathurst. It's Tokyo I hate. Out of 880 races I have 8 wins...4 of those are Bathurst, but all Gr4 :dopey:.

My 7 wins have come when I either least expect it or when I am recovering SR in lower lobbies.

1 at Autopolis
3 at Willow Springs
1 at Lago Maggiore (in an FIA race using Karts of all things)
1 at Spa (FIA Exhibition Season)
1 at Interlagos (this season Supra Cup)

48 "races" / 2 wins / 0 ( :( )overtakes
1st win, Daily race, Suzuka, F-Type GR4
2nd win, Daily race, Suzuka, Viper GR3
Both of these races I just watched as the leading duos killed each other, then I crossed the line...

Latest Posts

Back